Thread: YUGO M70 Grenade Launching Operation.

YUGO M70 Grenade Launching Operation.

I have been searching for over an hour now and cannot find the answer to a question that I have been very curious about. I was wondering what actually propels a grenade when it is fired from a YUGO M70?

I understand that the gas-tube needs to be cutoff and the grenade attachment attached to the barrel of the rifle, but what I cannot understand is the actual action that fires the grenade from the rifle.

When a regular round is fired, it is the result of the firing pin hitting the round causing a fire/explosion etc which propels the bullet while the gases enter the gas tube which pushes back the piston to chamber another round to begin the whole process again. BUT, where does the forces originate to power a grenade from the rifle?

Please accept my apologies in advance if this is a rather stupid question but I am very curious to understand how this works. THANKS!!!
    Last edited by AK_Lou; 06-10-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Grenade launching blanks

bovver is correct.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bovver View Post
    Grenade launching blanks
    Thanks bovver for the reply. So its the force of a grenade blank that is chambered and then fired which then propels the grenade? Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks!

Right.

It's a rifle grenade.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Great, thanks everyone, I appreciate it!!!

I could be wrong,BUT if I remember right I think I remember reading where some guys pulled the tops off rounds and crimp closed the top and used that to launch grenades out of the yugo sks's.
    But this info is somewhere around ten years ago and I would have read it here.
    maybe one of the older guys remember this.

*dummy grenades,wasnt it a U.S.with tennis ball?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

There are blanks and Grenade Launching blanks. Never use a Grenade Launching blank in a weapon fitted with blank adapter to make it cycle the weapon. You do and you could break the weapon and your shoulder when you touch it off.