Thread: Who uses a hammer to put in a HK safety?

Who uses a hammer to put in a HK safety?

Century it seems does I bought another C93 and having nothing better to do this morning decided to see how it runs compared to my older models. Long story short it was a singe shot, in taking it apart at the range I found who ever built it had inserted the safety so hard they dented the trigger pack frame and tweaked it so the ejector would not work. The housing literally has a divot in it where the safety hit the side but was forced into the housing anyway (I assume a hammer or press was used since it would be beyond human strength). Who knows maybe they traded in the monkeys and have moved on to apes

In the end I was able to take the pack apart, find enough tools in the car to tweak the housing back into shape, pound out the divot, put it all together and get the trigger pack working correctly. After the work it ran fine for the rest of the shoot (about 3 mags through flawlessly). Since I'm back home I'll probably take it all apart again and straighten it one more time in a more professional way, but regardless I'm happy it doesn't need a trip back to century.

haha who needs an armorers kit?just dig thru the glovebox..last time at the range i need a flatscrew driver and couldnt find one anywhere

I fixed it with an old Russian screwdriver (the one you get with a 1895 Nagant), a distributor adjustment wrench, and a small piece of round bar stock I found. It's a testament to the simplicity of the design that it can be worked with such crude tools in the field successfully

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    ...a distributor adjustment wrench...
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    Say what?

To be 100% honest it was half a distributor adjustment wrench, I couldn't find the other half and truthfully since I haven't owned a car with a distributor for probably 20 years I'm not sure what it was doing in there to begin with Which brings up another point, aren't coil packs the best thing since sliced bread? LOL

yea, as long as they dont go bad....i knew exactly what the dist. wrench was..........i used it man many times......drove gm 350 stuff for years

This the housing with the smashed safety hole showing (after I had already worked on it at the range so this is much better then as it came from CAI).

Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation

Holy shit that is sad work! The gun monkey that built that one needs to be shown the unemployment line.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Holy shit that is sad work! The gun monkey that built that one needs to be shown the unemployment line.

No shit !!!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!