Thread: Did Remington ever make a factory 36 inch (full) 1100 barrel? If so price? rarity?

Did Remington ever make a factory 36 inch (full) 1100 barrel? If so price? rarity?

I stopped by a pawn shop today; they have an older 1100 with a plain bead 30 inch barrel combo'ed with what looks to be a factory (Remington marks) 36 inch full choke vent rib barrel. The 36 inch barrel looks to be in great shape and of course exceedingly long (with the receiver extension adding another 4-5 inches to it's length). I looked it over and if someone made it (spliced) I couldn't tell, so I'd figure I'd ask here if anyone knows.

I don't bird hunt but I do have a slug barrel put back so I'm thinking at the price ($350) I could probably buy it, sell one of the barrels off and end up with a decent slug gun/combo at a very affordable price. I'm sure the plain barrel isn't worth much so that would be the one I'd keep but the 36 inch VR might be rare enough to make this worthwhile endeavor.

Any idea to whether it's legit, price or rarity would be appreciated.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Based on this post I found I would say yes.

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/foru...&view=previous
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Back in the 60's, I had a single shot, 40" barrelled shotgun. I can't remember the brand, but it was really odd looking. The good thing was that if you missed the duck, you could reach out and smack him with the barrel.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Marlin did or perhaps still does make a "Duck or Goose Gun". Three shot, bolt action with a 36" full choke barrel. Always wondered how much umph you could get out of a slug in a barrel that long?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Thanks, I've seen a new Marlin goose gun on a shop's shelf last year so I assume they are still making them (or I was looking at NOS).