Thread: Finally got to shoot the June targets today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally got to shoot the June targets today.

This is the armament I used to shoot this month.

1950 Colt Woodsman .22 for the Pistol Match
    1952 Schmidt Rubin K31 7.5x55 for the Bolt Match
    1944 Inland M1 .30 Carbine for the Self Loader Match

Weather today was in the upper 90s with a SSW wind of 14 mph with gusts to 35 (typical Kansas winds).

Went out to the ranch and set up my impromptu target stand and measured off 25 yards and shot the May target for a practice target... not pretty, scattered all over and a couple out of scoring range. Reloaded, settled in and shot the June target:

I scanned the pictures how they were stapled up so I definitely need to use a 6 o'clock hold next month.

Moved out to 50 yards and posted May and June targets for Self Loader. Settled in prone with the carbine and shot the May target for practice, better...

Reloaded and transitioned to the June target... pressure must have gotten to me a little...

Moved on to the Bolt Gun, again assumed a good prone position and started in on the May target for practice. Due to the shortage of my 7.5x55 ammo I only fired 5 rounds for practice before reloading and being satisfied I switched to the June target and after 10 rounds ended up with this:

Looking forward to next month and hopefully improving.
    Last edited by Dieselbuilder; 06-27-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Your results look pretty strong, congrats. Now just get em in da mail.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

AAAAUUUGGGHHHH!!! Who let you into the competion?

Actually, that looks really good. Glad you could start shooting.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Oh my! Look at this one!

I only see 9 here. I hope I can find a double when the target gets here in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Oh my! Look at this one!
    I only see 9 here. I hope I can find a double when the target gets here in person.
    That was the May Target I shot for practice... figured it was too late so wasn't planning on sending it in I just posted it for brag, and there are only 9. I shot the low right shot with 6 o'clock hold, adjusted the rear sight for windage... a little too much and shot the high left shot center hold. Backed the windage back a little and shot the center shots... stopped when I was getting a good group, didn't bother counting because I never planned to send it in.

LOL, just noticed today that the pictures are now showing up rotated the way I shot them, don't know why it was showing them upside down last night. Guess I need to edit my original post.

Ah, frankly I forgot to look at the month on the target. Good thing it was May's although even with 9 that's a pretty good score.