Thread: I Think I Got A Helluva Deal

I Think I Got A Helluva Deal

Horking around GB a couple of days ago, looking for some quality x51 ammo to feed my new FAL, and I came across 500 rds of Venezuelan .308 for $270. Shipped.

Asked a friend about it, 'cause I didn't want to get stuck with some wannabe Paki-type .308, and he said it was good stuff. Boxer primed, NC, reloadable, and generally pretty good stuff.

I was beginning to think that $270 was a little steep until he told me he hasn't seen any for about 5 or 6 yrs. This from a guy who buys his ammo by the pallet. (I got 600 rds of Lithuanian .308 from him a year or so ago for around $100/200 rd battle pack, from a lot he'd ordered, some 5000 rds.)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=237375155
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I think 40-60 cents a round is about average for 762n I've been seeing at shows sounds like you're within that range.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...dir=18|830|848 Follow da link to DAG German surplus 7.62x51 in sealed battle packs. 43 cents per round.

I remember the good ol days of $29 for 200 round battle packs of SA.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 Crash's Avatar

I never got to see the cheap 308 prices. I've only just gotten into 308's and now I have 3 to feed. I've started to reload it but it hard to beat surplus rounds and the cost versus reloading difference.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    I remember the good ol days of $29 for 200 round battle packs of SA.
    Boy isn't that the truth! I remember buying a case of South African .308 for $140!!! Seems like only yesterday, but it was about 7 years ago! It is amazing the inflation rate on the cost of ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Boy isn't that the truth! I remember buying a case of South African .308 for $140!!! Seems like only yesterday, but it was about 7 years ago! It is amazing the inflation rate on the cost of ammo!
    How about $70 for 1440rds of Chicom "not real steel core".....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Yes, that's a good deal, especially with reloadable cases!