Thread: C&R License

C&R License

although i have yet to use it, i finally got my C&R..its nice to have, and look forward to using for a purchase soon..BTW, very easy to obtain and came much quicker than i thought..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I thought about getting one but I don't like the idea of having the ATF be able to come and check my records just cause they want to. I would prefer they have probably cause that I had actually done something wrong before they start looking at my record of purchases.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Renewed mine earlier this year. I'd like to one day use it for an '03 Springfield from AIM, but all I've used it for is a discount at MidwayUSA .
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

i keep detailed records for everything i do, as far as the ATF, i have no worries. its not like u an FFL.
    Its only for your purchases.. just like we do in Florida for FTF purchase/trade/sale.
    also its great for bragging rights..lol!
    Last edited by guns-n-tonic; 07-03-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I thought about getting one but I don't like the idea of having the ATF be able to come and check my records just cause they want to. I would prefer they have probably cause that I had actually done something wrong before they start looking at my record of purchases.
    Somehow I doubt they'll be visiting you if you get the license. They can't just show up at your door, they would have to make an appointment first. After all, you don't sit at home all day every day do you? I was an 01 FFL holder from 1993 to 2005. I never had a visit by an BATFE agent. I did get telephone calls at least 3 times inquiring about who I sold a weapon to, the last was a SAR-1. Evidently Century duplicated a serial number. They read off the serial number and told me the type weapon and caliber. I looked it up in my bound book and found it. It was the one SAR-1 that I kept out of my first shippment to be my test rifle. The asked me if I was sure it was the right one and I read the serial number back to them from the book while holding the weapon in my left hand to verify the SR#. I then said, "you are welcome to send an agent by and verify the weapon in person if you need further proof. Just let me know when they will be visiting and I'll have it ready for them to examine". They didn't take me up on the offer.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Somehow I doubt they'll be visiting you if you get the license. They can't just show up at your door, they would have to make an appointment first. After all, you don't sit at home all day every day do you? I was an 01 FFL holder from 1993 to 2005. I never had a visit by an BATFE agent. I did get telephone calls at least 3 times inquiring about who I sold a weapon to, the last was a SAR-1. Evidently Century duplicated a serial number. They read off the serial number and told me the type weapon and caliber. I looked it up in my bound book and found it. It was the one SAR-1 that I kept out of my first shippment to be my test rifle. The asked me if I was sure it was the right one and I read the serial number back to them from the book while holding the weapon in my left hand to verify the SR#. I then said, "you are welcome to send an agent by and verify the weapon in person if you need further proof. Just let me know when they will be visiting and I'll have it ready for them to examine". They didn't take me up on the offer.
    I am probably being slightly paranoid. But am I being paranoid if they are really out to get me?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I am probably being slightly paranoid. But am I being paranoid if they are really out to get me?
    You're in the Navy and the nuclear one at that right? You probably have some sort of clearance to serve in that capacity. BATFE isn't interested in you, they already know everything about you including your shoe size.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You're in the Navy and the nuclear one at that right? You probably have some sort of clearance to serve in that capacity. BATFE isn't interested in you, they already know everything about you including your shoe size.
    You are right about that. And I just got my clearance redone (you have to do that every few years) so they probably know I am starting to shrink and getting a little heavy around the middle.

NRA Endowment Member