Thread: Stripped Romanian barrel & Romanian push-button folder questions?

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Stripped Romanian barrel & Romanian push-button folder questions?

I need to sell these 2 items I have laying around to help pay some bills. My only question is what are they worth these days?

Item #1 is a stripped Romanian barrel. I picked it up as a spare, but I really have no use for it. Its got some rough marks from when it was pulled. I think it came from an unfired kit as it was full of cosmo when I got it. It easily passes bullet test and the rifling is perfect. No rust anywhere and i've kept a slant break on it to protect the threads.

Item #2 is a Romanian push-button folding stock with original Romy screws. It was on my SAR-1 for about a year, but a NATO length stock took its place about 2 years ago and it's been sitting in my AK parts bin ever since.

What would be a fair price on these 2 things?

barrel $20-40

stock $50-70
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I'd tend to agree, although some put a slightly higher premium on the push button folders and they are tougher to find so you might want to start on the higher side for it.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Really? The stocks are going for 50-70? I've got two I've been thinking of selling. Think I will.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Really? The stocks are going for 50-70? I've got two I've been thinking of selling. Think I will.
    Supply and demand. Demand is good, supply is not.

huh..and here I thought that barrel was worth more..Heck if it is chrome-lined I would have paid 60+ for it..

I've seen the Romanian Wire Folders go for over $100. They aren't my favorite stock, but they are serviceable and there's not anymore of them coming into the U.S.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Supply and demand. Demand is good, supply is not.
    If you only have one or the other, things stop working!
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by xcatm View Post
    I've seen the Romanian Wire Folders go for over $100. They aren't my favorite stock, but they are serviceable and there's not anymore of them coming into the U.S.
    Where at? I gotta list mine somewhere, haven't built an AK in a while, doubt I'll build anymore with the barrel ban in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper_n_training View Post
    I need to sell these 2 items I have laying around to help pay some bills. My only question is what are they worth these days?

Item #1 is a stripped Romanian barrel. I picked it up as a spare, but I really have no use for it. Its got some rough marks from when it was pulled. I think it came from an unfired kit as it was full of cosmo when I got it. It easily passes bullet test and the rifling is perfect. No rust anywhere and i've kept a slant break on it to protect the threads.
    If you're gonna get rid of that Barrel, let me know. I could use it.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Even though this isint in the for sale forum, the barrel has been sold to Moe. I think I might hold on to the Romy folder until I can figure out what to ask for it since it seems the prices vary on these big time. Thanks for all the input everyone!