Thread: July C&R Postal Match Target

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

July C&R Postal Match Target

I will get this in the mail on Monday. Here is how I did;

I almost didn't get to shoot today. I went to the range and the Safety Officer told me that there was no center fire rifle shooting on the 50 yard line, and they won't let me set up a 50 yard target on the 100 yard line. This is one reason I have been using my M1 Carbine vice my Garand. Every other Safety Officer says that since the Carbine round is equivalent to a .357 in power, they don't have a problem with me being on the 50 yard line, until today. I did talk the Safety Officer into letting fire 15 rounds from the 50 yard line. 5 for warm up and 10 for the match, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Fired mine today as well.

Headed out to the ranch and boy was it hot... Weather bug for where I was said it was 104 with winds 17 gusting to 25.

Set up my target stand moved back to 25 yards and shot the .22 Woodsman again, this time using a 6 O'clock hold. Seems to work better though I did pull one out of scoring due to a wind gust that bounced me pretty good.

Moved back to 50 yards and put up a sighter target and real target and fired the M1 carbine 5 rounds for sight, 10 for record and ended up with this:

Shot just a little high this month.

Retreived targets and posted Bolt targets. Since I ran short of 7.5x55 Swiss for the K31, I had to switch to the 1942 Mosin Nagant 91/30 shooting Yugo ammo. Fired 5 rounds for practice and 10 for score and ended up with this:

Not too bad other than the one called flyer I pulled left.

Overall it wasn't too bad of an outing but I seem to have fallen off a few points from last month everywhere.

I forgot to take an equipment photo this month cause I was trying to get out of the heat... on the drive back home, I noticed the thermometer in the Explorer said 106.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I will get this in the mail on Monday. Here is how I did;

I almost didn't get to shoot today. I went to the range and the Safety Officer told me that there was no center fire rifle shooting on the 50 yard line, and they won't let me set up a 50 yard target on the 100 yard line. This is one reason I have been using my M1 Carbine vice my Garand. Every other Safety Officer says that since the Carbine round is equivalent to a .357 in power, they don't have a problem with me being on the 50 yard line, until today. I did talk the Safety Officer into letting fire 15 rounds from the 50 yard line. 5 for warm up and 10 for the match, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    Dang... did you hold it one handed and use it as your pistol this month?
    Last edited by Dieselbuilder; 07-10-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm going to try shooting next weekend myself. Just too damn hot an humid here. Good to see participation is on going. All these carbines being mentioned, reminds me I need to rebuild mine one of these days and test fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselbuilder View Post
    Dang... did you hold it one handed and use it as your pistol this month?
    Nope, just learning to shoot for consistency. I have mostly shot shotguns until recently. I can hit about 75-80% of the clays when shooting trap with my old 870. This shooting at something I can barely see, and then try to hit the same spot on that thing I can barely see is challenging. Right now I am pretty happy I just keep everything in the black. Until recently my target shooting with a rifle was to shoot cans or milk jugs filled with water. Not to concerned with groupings when shooting like that. I may try to pistol thing next month though!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

I wasn't laughing about your grouping... only your use of your "July Pistol" target that you used to shoot your carbine on.

I wasn't laughing about your grouping... only your use of your "July Pistol" target that you used to shoot your carbine on.
    Wouldn't be a big deal if you were. I laugh at my shooting often enough for all of us. Sheutz almost accused me of attempted murder for making fun of my marksmanship ability!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That's my fault. He signed up for one event out of the 3 and I sent him a set marked Pistol. Rather than send out a second set of targets I just have him remark it Self Loading Rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's my fault. He signed up for one event out of the 3 and I sent him a set marked Pistol. Rather than send out a second set of targets I just have him remark it Self Loading Rifle.
    I remember to do that before I send it, but after I take the picture of it. I need a checklist.

NRA Endowment Member