Thread: Dare To Prepare!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Dare To Prepare!

Suppose to be a very good book to get. All ready in it's 4th edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Dare-Prepare-2.../dp/0972768890
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

But no Kindle edition.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Not so hard to get some information from "mainstream sources in times like this:

http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/...003481a10aRCRD

and

http://www.ready.gov/america/getakit/

Survivalists are now mainstream. Says something about the time / space we occupy.
    Plus 200 posts or so as IZZY from MN.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Most still don't prepare at all. Not a single extra bag of rice or an extra box of ammo.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Most still don't prepare at all. Not a single extra bag of rice or an extra box of ammo.
    True. quite the grasshopper and ant parable is it not?

Still, I know very reasonable people who are "sort of" prepping. That is they may or may not even have a gun. But they have a generator to keep the 2 or 3 chests of frozen foods from going off in case of electrical outages...and LOTS of food in the house ( (ok they have a huge family, so buying in bulk makes financial sense as well ).

Many proffesional types are waking up, and they are not laughing as hard at those who prepare....in fact I send then to the Department of Homeland Security ( IN A GOOD WAY!) and the gov. was telling people untill recently to have TWO WEEKS of food on hand...seems they pared it back to 3 days recently...and that is sad.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yes, it is totally the grasshopper and ant gig.

You need to take that guy shooting. Start with a .22 LR... They need some kind of defensive arm and supply of ammo, otherwise the food stores and such are just "bait".

Even a 10-22 and a few high-cap mags and two boxes of bulk ammo would better than nothing.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

He was too busy making money, predicting weather for frito Lay ( where to plant, etc.) and commodity investors.

Before I left MN, we discussed the possible Maunder Minimum, and he said there could be food shortages on and off for the next 20 to 30 YEARS...

He is quite aware of at least some of the issues we face...I still have no idea if he has even a shotty, but Yea or Nay, nothing would suprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Yes, it is totally the grasshopper and ant gig.

You need to take that guy shooting. Start with a .22 LR... They need some kind of defensive arm and supply of ammo, otherwise the food stores and such are just "bait".

Even a 10-22 and a few high-cap mags and two boxes of bulk ammo would better than nothing.
    that gun has saved the lives of a number of mentors of mine..as a matter of fact my good friend, a Lakota medicine man , recommended it above anything else.Good man..knows his stuff. I still wonder if those High velocity rounds actually penetrate better but that is for another forum.

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

My parents are really unprepared, my brother and his family too. But my brothers fiance's dad is a detective, 20+ years, a really good man. He has several firearms, bows, arrows and hunts regularly. So I've mentioned to my brother to take his kids and fiance to her parents in the case of SHTF. They are located in the country a good distance away from the city. Back to my parents, 2 years ago I bought my dad a Uberti black powder .44 cal Cattleman's pistol. BP because it was a surprise for Christmas and didnt want to ruin it by having to do the paperwork on a conventional pistol. I also bought him 2 more cylindars for a total of 18 rounds, and the means to feed it. He really only gets to practice when I go up there to visit. I wanted to get my brother and dad a G19 a piece and some mags and ammo, so they would be compatable in ammo and mags. I didnt get the oportunity to do that because I dont make that kind of cash anymore. Both of them would prefer something with a manual safety. My youngest brother is lost, if SHTF he would probably go quickly. He spent time in jail for breaking and entering, he still hangs out with the people he gets drugs from. So he is lost.

My mom fears guns, she grew up with the liberal anti gun BS in Hawaii. She doesnt want anything to do with them and has told me she would rather die then defend herself. And tries to make me feel like shit for my everyday carry, she doesnt understand why I need it. If the SHTF Id have really no way to get to them, being separated by 300 miles and Detroit, Lansing, and Flint between us. All of which pretty shitty crime cities. Next time I go to visit Im taking one of my home made bows and a bunch of arrows with me for my brother that has family, he's been wanting one, and wants to show his soon to be in-laws. I'll probably give him a dozen war arrows, and a dozen practice arrows, both capable of doing the job.

On a lighter note I have wonderful friends up there as well with military training and they are best friends. They both have firearms and good amounts of gear, ammo and food. They have sworn to me that they can manage to help my family if the SHTF, and they have helped them with their cars ( both mechanics ) in the past for free. I trust them. My brother also has good friends with a few firearms as well.

Just got this book finally! Well worth the price from Amazon. The Info is more than I thought it would have.

http://www.amazon.com/Dare-Prepare-2.../dp/0972768890
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

May have to pick this book up. I saw a copy for sale at a local gun show over the weekend but didn't buy it.

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!