Thread: Restoring my chicken coop (pics)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Restoring my chicken coop (pics)

I decided it was time and since I have a lot of that I took on the way overdue project.

First I needed to find a good place for some barn sash windows. The big box places don't seem to have them like they used to.
    I found this place.
    http://www.oldfashionedwindows.com/c...arn%20sash.htm
    They will make sizes to order and the prices were good and 3 1/2 week time frame should be hearing from them this week. So with that time slot I've started getting it back in shape.
    I was fortunate enough to find the owner of an abandoned farm down the road which had an almost identical coop boarded up for years. With his permission I salvaged five of the clearstory windows. I was hoping the big ones were there but they were long gone.
    He said he was going to tear everything down and build a new house and to help myself. The house was partially burned but while I was there and had my tools handy I grabbed this nice piece of leaded glass which now hangs in my dining room window.

At one time the house was in the family so it's nice to have a little piece of the history.

After I tore out all the bottom windows I was able to find enough pieces for two oddball size openings on the east and west side

As rough as they looked you can see there is still plenty of good wood where I made the cut.
    Here's what they look like installed just put them in today

That's where it sits for now have a little roof work yet to do and a major clean out for everything that has been thrown in there over the years but I'm glad I had something to do I love restoration stuff
    Last edited by Full Otto; 05-25-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe