Thread: Berkey water systems banned in California.

Berkey water systems banned in California.

I guess the communists have now even banned water systems. Now they have a law in place similar in nature to "drop tests" for guns.
    http://remixxworld.blogspot.com/2010...er-filter.html

California, has adopted AB 1953 / SB 1334 & 1395 / HSC Section 116875. This revised “no lead law” as it’s commonly known, goes into effect January 1, 2010. The law stipulates that any “end-use device intended to convey or dispense water for human consumption through drinking or cooking,” as well as each of their individual components, materials and “pipe, pipe or plumbing fittings, or fixtures,” or flux, must be “lead free” as defined by California law. Under SB 1334, certification MUST be performed by an “independent ANSI-approved third party testing organization.” It appears that even if a product and each component of that product has no metal alloys and if a purification system actually reduces lead, under Section 116875, it must be be certified. An example of this is the Berkey sport water purification bottle; each of its components as well as raw materials utilized will have to be certified.

Just got one myself. ( FL)

I noticed on the various websites ( aqua rain and Berkly etc.) all state they wont ship to CA.

Talk about the land of fruits and nuts! Now take your meds ( Parasites and Floride) and go to sleep!
    Plus 200 posts or so as IZZY from MN.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs down

It would seem insane people are running that state ... into the ground. Sad, very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It would seem insane people are running that state ... into the ground. Sad, very sad!
    It's the same thing nationwide. We are regulating U.S. businessess out of competition. Only manufacturers with radical cost/pricing advantages can afford to bring product to market. Little wonder our jobs are going away.
    CHOOT UM!

Ok this may be some insight as to the darker side of berkeys build: Flicken HOT GLUE holds the filter together!

Just buy a Katadyn pocket filter and be done with it already. Hot glue? What a Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Just buy a Katadyn pocket filter and be done with it already. Hot glue? What a Joke.
    Maybe, maybe...

First I want my monies back, they can keep thier Imperial "Joke".

I bought spare filters and parts, could not find a "bad" review on the web, and tried to do some research....580.00 U.S.D. it cost with the extras.

It never left our kitchen, it was used maybe a month of total time. Not fit for prime time.