Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what firearm do you hunt with?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Hogs: 44 mag levergun (last time it was the Marlin)

Deer: mostly a Stevens 200 n .270 Winchester - with rifle basix trigger - but I use an NEF Handirifle 45-70 for black powder (Mississippi allows this for black powder season)

Goose: Rem 870 all-weather 12 guage 3"

Dove: Rem 870 wingmaster 20 guage

Squirrel: Ruger 10-22 econo-race gun
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Tikka T3 Lite.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

I don't hunt much anymore...

I just can't afford the lease fees. The last time I hunted dove I used my Remington Model 11 20 gauge. I was supposed to go deer hunting this past fall but it fell through at the last minute. I had my Mosin Nagant M39 with a scout scope ready to go. That rifle will do better than 1 inch at 100 yards. If I get an opportunity to deer hunt again, I will use my M1D Garand......chris3

luckly here in florida we have the second most amount of public hunting land after alaska. m700 308 mossberg3.5 turkey gun thompsonencore 50 cal in florida 5 round capacity for rifles none for pistols so for hogs ak pistol with 20 rnd mag during smallgame season

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

When I did hunt, I used a CVA single shot Muzzleloader shotgun for anything that required a shotgun. For deer, I used a British Enfield .303 or a Winchester 94 carbine in .44 Mag.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I'm using my Remington 11-87 SuperMag (3.5" chamber) in mossy oak advantage camo as my all around hunting gun. Haven't bird hunted for a long while, but I'd use it's 26" barrel, and got a rifled barrel for deer hunting....but with as good groups I'm getting from Remington 2.75" Sluggers I might save some money and use those instead of the Remington AccuTips I've used last couple of years.

The rare occasion I get to squirrel hunt with Gramps I either use a Remington 550-I he gave me with scope, one of his 10/22s or 20ga. I'm wanting to try out my S&W M&P22 AR on squirrels sometime; prob use the redfield 3-9x and burris quick detach mount I got few months ago on it.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Had to play musical guns due to health and gun problems with family members so nephew has my .308, My brother has my 20 gauge and I am using my model 94 Winchester 32 spcl. It's funny that the two who prefer iron sights are both shooting scoped guns and the old man with the cataracts is shooting the only iron sight gun this season.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 EddieB310's Avatar

For whitetail deer in the rain, I carry a Stainless Browning A bolt in 30-06. For black bear, a Remington 600 in 350 magnum. For fair weather whitetail, a remington 600 in 222, 243, 6mm, 308, 35 remington, or 350 mag, depending on what stand I'm using. And a Marlin lever action 45/70 for buffalo.
    Last edited by EddieB310; 12-01-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Black powder gun this weekend, Lyman Cougar 50 caliber.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I use a smoothbore, 62 caliber flintlock for the majority of my hunting.

Sometimes I'll carry a Remington pump 410 for small game just because I love that gun.

Sometimes I'll take a Remington model 788 chambered in 7mm-08 if I think the shots are going to be longer than the flintlock likes.

SolomonK
    images (3).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    These are so useful in hunting..
    But i'm specially prefered Zeiss Rifle with Zeiss Conquest 3-12X56 MC - 5214709908 scopes.
    Last edited by Gunreference1; 11-12-2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Removed signature - possible spam

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I've use quite a few. Savage arms bolt action .243, and AR15 for varmints. Remmington 870 Express for Deer and Turkey. But this season... Using my AK for deer.
    DSCN0167.jpg
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

So what firearm do you hunt with?

Savage mk ll FVSR

Sako .300WM
    FB_IMG_1509861843587.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12