Thread: Current Bow Setup

Current Bow Setup

My Quiet KILLING MACHINE............

Mathews Monster 70lbs actual 76lbs. I have it set at 70 lbs.
    Custom wrist sling, I make myself.
    Custom peep, I make myself.
    Custom strint loop, I make myself.
    Bone Collector Apex Gear 4 Pin Sight (took off 2 pins .019, using only 2 pins .010: 25 yards & 50 yards)
    Bone Collector Apex Gear MQX Quiver (5 arrow quiver: 3 T-Heads & 2 Rages)
    Octane 7" stabilizer with rubber doggle

Shoots 342 FPS w/ hunting setup *** OUCH ***

My arrows shafts:
    Beman V-Brake ICS 340 Hunter Arrows w/ Blazer vanes w/ lighted Nocs

My broadheads:
    100 Thunderheads for HOGS
    100 RAGE for any North American Deer.

My release:
    Scott Archery Double Caliper design, Caliber Grip model. Used this release for hunting since they first invented it.

My optics:
    Swarovski El 10x42
    Bushnell Scout 1200 ARC Laser Rangfinder

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guns Network Staff View Post
    My Quiet KILLING MACHINE............

Mathews Monster 70lbs actual 76lbs. I have it set at 70 lbs.
    Custom wrist sling, I make myself.
    Custom peep, I make myself.
    Custom strint loop, I make myself.
    Bone Collector Apex Gear 4 Pin Sight (took off 2 pins .019, using only 2 pins .010: 25 yards & 50 yards)
    Bone Collector Apex Gear MQX Quiver (5 arrow quiver: 3 T-Heads & 2 Rages)
    Octane 7" stabilizer with rubber doggle

Shoots 342 FPS w/ hunting setup *** OUCH ***

My arrows shafts:
    Beman V-Brake ICS 340 Hunter Arrows w/ Blazer vanes w/ lighted Nocs

My broadheads:
    100 Thunderheads for HOGS
    100 RAGE for any North American Deer.

My release:
    Scott Archery Double Caliper design, Caliber Grip model. Used this release for hunting since they first invented it.

My optics:
    Swarovski El 10x42
    Bushnell Scout 1200 ARC Laser Rangfinder
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Have killed over three+ dozen hogs, one elk, four axis, one blackbuck, three turkey, dozen coyotes with this bow.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

A real nice set.I have not bow hunted since my bow was stolen.I have been looking into getting another but I have no clue where to start.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

hoyt cybertec. i cant tell you the year, but you can figure it out. it was right around the time the new models came out. i wanted a new vortec with the better laminate limbs after seeing last years model on the floor, but i dont remember why the dealer was having trouble geting it in, iirc, the limb upgrade was no longer an option?? but instead i got to watch him take out the very first cybertec, it was the first year for them, and i had just watched him unload this one off the truck and open the box.

i have the special hoyt quiktune rest that they make to fit the shaped hole in their risers, wouldnt be able to tell you much about the sight. i think its a cobra. all i know is that i made sure it was an all aluminum model. none of that cheap plastic shit. it came with 2 different diameter sight pins, i through away the 2 thicker ones and replaced them with 2 more of the thinner ones. i only have 2 sighted in. 20 and 40. 20 yd pin works from 15-35, 40 works from 40 -50 yd, all within a few inches, making range estimation less critical. toped off with a sling of unknown manufacture, half of a hoyt stabilizer with the rubber flex base part added to it, ive found it to be the perfect balance that way. and a perminantely affixed hoyt 4 arrow quiver.

i dont like carbon arrows. same as in my bullet selection, i beleive, and have found, a heavier projectile does much better at stopping game than a higher velocity. im running xx75 - 2117's cut down to the minimum, i forget the number, i think around 27". it a little weak spined for my 70 lb draw weight, hence the reason for cutting them down to the minimum length i can with my 30" draw. prefer feathers, but i do have a efw vaned arrows i use for practice. always 4". i cut and fletch all my own arrows.

i top the arrows off with 125 gn muzzy 3 blade broadheads. im getting an avg of 295 fps, which i personally think is amazing for such heavy arrows and broadheads.

oh, and my release, im thinking of going with something different. i use a glove release, as in, its always right there, but thinking of going to one that just straps around the wrist and can be swung away from teh hand. i like the way i can grab it and feel like im actually holding something, but in some cases it can get in the way of other tasks that might need to be done.

and im also not big on peep sights, i use a kisser button on the string.

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

That is one sweet machine you got there.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

swampdragon

Wink

Wow GNS.

You sure do drink a lot!
    How the hell do you ever hit anything when using that bow?

I need to make sure I have lots of WINTER FUEL for staying warm... lol
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sweet set up ! I have been looking at getting a Diamond IceMan.

Archery has always been my favorite but after my motorcycle accident i couldn't use my stuff so I sold it all..Now almost 11yrs later I since the draws are much lighter I can.
    Last edited by abpt1; 11-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.

GraceGrace
    Each and every bow hunter would probably have to consent that certainly one of the most prominent features connected with a person’s bow setup is certainly.

Last edited by Gunreference1; 01-03-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Spammer

Quote Originally Posted by GraceGrace View Post
    Each and every bow hunter would probably have to consent that certainly one of the most prominent features connected with a person’s bow setup is certainly.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by GraceGrace View Post
    You dig up a year old thread to burp up that drivel. I'm just guessing here but you are not a serious poster or in your right mind are you?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I had to get my compund out and look at the sight and rest cause it's been so damn long that I have had any interst in it and I forgot how I had set it up.

The bow is a Mathews S2 with 50# limbs. I do regret getting the 50# limbs! I wish that I had got it with 60# limbs. At the time I bought it, IIRC, I was watching Ted Nugent alot and he was using a 50# Martin.

The sight is a Impact Archery Solo Sight and my rest is a QAD Dropaway and my release is made by Tru Fire.

Arrows are either Easton St. Epic 500's or Gold Tip 3555's.

If I ever do go hunting again my broadheads will be 125gr Magnus Stingers. The only thing that I ever killed with it was a raccoon that I still feel bad about killing and I hit a hog low in the leg and he hauled ass.