Thread: Found another UP camp....

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Found another UP camp....

that I think I will try to buy. It is on 10 acres of land off a county road about an hour east of Marquette. It is a little more than I was looking to pay but I think my wife's sister and her hubby will go in on it with us. They are good folks. The inside needs some finishing work and my bil is a handyman contractor that does excellent work. He can use the work in the winter when it is slow for him. Fingers are crossed. The only drag on the whole thing is I might have to get on an airplane to go up there to look at it and do the deal....chris3

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Sitting in St. Louis in a "Hampster Inn" I have no sympathy for you having to make a flight up to secure you're dream

Seriously, good luck with it. Let us know how it goes.

And of course, we need some pics...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

At least the flight is free....

It is going through all the TSA BS that bothers me. Mr. Johnson does not like other males touching him.....chris3

Ah, you're flying out of Texas - probably Houston, so it'll just be a walk through the metal detector.

Haven't been to Michigan lately so can't speak for them...

Nope, DFW...

I don't think there are that many queers in the UP. But, I have been gone for 20 years so I could be wrong. You never know......chris3

Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    It is going through all the TSA BS that bothers me. Mr. Johnson does not like other males touching him.....chris3
    Just tellem you have some "XYZ" Johnson related STD. They'll give you some distance......

Congratz.

-Ash

Thumbs up

Good luck man !
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Updates???? How's it going?

Nothing happening....

the wife is dragging her feet. I tend to agree with her. No use buying a place and letting it sit all winter. I need to get my BIL to look at it but he is busy with his construction job right now. Besides, it is impossible to non-rev on flights in the summer. Might try it in Oct if the inspection turns out ok. In the mean time, I need to get the storage building I am putting up at the Tx camp assembled. It came in 7 large boxes. The building is 11x21. It needs to cool off a bit too....chris3

But doesn't she know about hunting season?

Tell me about that storage building - a kit? I might be interested in that for my place.

There is snow..

on the ground, usually, in the UP during deer season. I have served my pentance in this lifetime in snow. When I spend my summers in the UP I expect to be southbound in Oct. Besides, most of the campgrounds along the route to Texas close in Oct. The shed is a kit. Lifetime is the maker. Costco had them on sale for 3k earlier this month, delivered. It is the 11x21 shed....chris3

You bet your ass there is snow in the UP by Oct.......cuz there is snow in the LP by then, and in the LP it doesn't go away until May....in fact May Day is the official first day of Spring here
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Yeah, I know....

I lived in the UP for 22 winters..........................chris3

You don't like livin in a winter wonderland?

So then you're a snow bird.

I was born and raised...

in Texas. Uncle Sam sent me to the UP. I was a lot younger then and the wimmin were easy then and you did not die from a one night stand, unless you were caught by the hubby. 20 years ago the company I worked for transferred me back to Texas where I am happy but the wife of 38 years is not. She wants to live in the UP but we agreed to spend the summers in the UP and winters in Texas. I lived in the UP 20 winters so that qualified me as a Yooper. I am too fucking old to shovel 250 inches of snow a year from Oct to April or May. If this sounds a little excentric, it is because I was born in Bryan/College Station where I was inadversely affected by Aggies at a young age.....chris3