Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

I added photo of the gun and mag that i use with it ,, just to update u with this krink i have bought it from a friend so any modifications were made by him ,,, even the mag I've done a little searching i think its a bulgarian for a 5.56 but has been modified to take a 7.62 ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That there is a AK 74 5.45 mag, just like the one in this gun.

For the 7.62x39, you should have substantially more curve to the mag.

If the mag that works in your rifle is the one that's in the attached pic above, you don't have a 7.62 rifle. You more likely have either a 5.45 or a 5.56 rifle.

I guess I'm confused. What does your paperwork say?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

its the first pic u posted with same mag ,, but the mag i have takes a 7.62 round

That's a new on me. I've seen x39 mags 'converted' to 5.45, but not the other way around.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

This is the pic of my mag from inside

Wow. I can see the mods in your first pic. It does appear as though your rifle was built on a AK 74 receiver with a x39 parts kit. I wonder if opening up the mag well to accept standard AK-pattern mags would work in your case.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

so do u think i could get any thing ready in the market that would work ?

If you left your rifle unaltered, you would have to buy more 5.45 mags and modify them to accept the 7.62x39 round based on what you already have. Expense-wise, I would caution against it, as 5.45 mags aren't as plentiful as regular old AK mags. In that regard I still recommend opening up the magwell.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitris View Post

WOW!!! This is one beautfiful Krink. Tell me about it please. I've love to locate or have one made just like it.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Cnc Warroir receiver, IWDesign pistol grip on an M92 2005 demilled kit.

Got another to add to the list. Got the stamp back for my M92 right after Thanksgiving and finished it up 30 Nov.

Still have to test fire, and since I made a boo-boo drilling out the front trunion rivet hole (first use of the AKBuilder front trunion jig and ***cough***forgot to set my drill press table causing a nice figure 8 hole) I'm still deciding on how to a) fix the problem and/or b) what type of finish to use.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Bulgarian Kit
    Last edited by mack8384; 01-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12