Thread: SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

Thought I would try to get a little action started here in the Krink Forum.

Show em if you got em. This is a Bulgarian in 5.45x39 built on a Hungarian receiver that I just rebuilt (again). Nothing special. Started out as a virgin kit that I built and SBR'd in 03. It's been beat around quite a bit so I demilled, re-riveted and refinished it again last week. She runs great but with my old eyes I do good to hit a pie plate at 100 yards. Thinking about milling some cooling vents in the hand guards like the older Russian ones.

When I first built it we all didn't have access to the riveting jigs etc... that we have nowadays. We had to make our own tools. Things have come a long ways since the late 90's/early 00's as some of the older members can testify. We used to have some good discussions in the BIY Forum and a lot of good information was passed around. I guess we all got older and the builds just aren't as exciting. Ohhhh those were the good ole days.

Anyway. In the old days members were a lot more eager to show their stuff off but not so much now adays. If you already have it SBR'd it can't hurt anything.

Last edited by jojo; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

That's beautiful Jojo!!! A Krink will be the next kit that I buy as soon as one shows up at the right time...

She is gorgeous.

I wish mine was SBR'd, but we are not allowed semiauto SBR's/SBS's
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Nice!
    I think my next NFA item will be an SBR'd AK.
    So let it be written, so let it be done.
    видеодон

These two work?

Both are Bulgarian.

Built the '74 in '07 from a kit I picked up from Jos4570. Whatta difference a couple of years makes. Took 45 days, door step to door step, for that Form 1 to come back.

When I built the '47 last year, I submitted the paperwork in Oct '10, and it came back in Mar '11.

Here's a couple of individual pics:

How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

You found Osamas Krink Hazmat?
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC