Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

SBR Krinks Show em if you got em.

Thought I would try to get a little action started here in the Krink Forum.

Show em if you got em. This is a Bulgarian in 5.45x39 built on a Hungarian receiver that I just rebuilt (again). Nothing special. Started out as a virgin kit that I built and SBR'd in 03. It's been beat around quite a bit so I demilled, re-riveted and refinished it again last week. She runs great but with my old eyes I do good to hit a pie plate at 100 yards. Thinking about milling some cooling vents in the hand guards like the older Russian ones.

When I first built it we all didn't have access to the riveting jigs etc... that we have nowadays. We had to make our own tools. Things have come a long ways since the late 90's/early 00's as some of the older members can testify. We used to have some good discussions in the BIY Forum and a lot of good information was passed around. I guess we all got older and the builds just aren't as exciting. Ohhhh those were the good ole days.

Anyway. In the old days members were a lot more eager to show their stuff off but not so much now adays. If you already have it SBR'd it can't hurt anything.

Last edited by jojo; 08-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

That's beautiful Jojo!!! A Krink will be the next kit that I buy as soon as one shows up at the right time...

She is gorgeous.

I wish mine was SBR'd, but we are not allowed semiauto SBR's/SBS's
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Nice!
    I think my next NFA item will be an SBR'd AK.
    So let it be written, so let it be done.
    видеодон

These two work?

Both are Bulgarian.

Built the '74 in '07 from a kit I picked up from Jos4570. Whatta difference a couple of years makes. Took 45 days, door step to door step, for that Form 1 to come back.

When I built the '47 last year, I submitted the paperwork in Oct '10, and it came back in Mar '11.

Here's a couple of individual pics:

How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

You found Osamas Krink Hazmat?
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Aww, I'm a sucker for them, so I'll show mine.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F-16 CHIEF View Post
    Aww, I'm a sucker for them, so I'll show mine.

Very, very nice! Love the color of that wood.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    You found Osamas Krink Hazmat?
    Nah, but I tried to build it.

The two individual pics were each taken before they were completely finished.

As an added bonus, I'll throw in a pic of my Romanian Krink for good measure...

How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thanks Richard.

Haz, had a friend do one on the draco like that. What a great idea. Can't beat it for the price. Looks great.
    Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

hazmat- what size bolt is in your 5.56 ?

I have been wanting to change my 5.45 Bulgy krink over to 5.56. I have the barrel, but the bolt has been a issue, due to different size's.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I've got one in 5.45 & one in 7.62x39, but not 5.56. Them 5.56 Kinks are a rare bird. And I thought my 7.62 Krink kit was hard to find.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

How bout a few full auto?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    I've got one in 5.45 & one in 7.62x39, but not 5.56. Them 5.56 Kinks are a rare bird. And I thought my 7.62 Krink kit was hard to find.

Wow....I really feel like a jackass now

I assumed the bottom one was a 5.56 due to the mag....I have AK's in all three calibers BTW

Wow, it took a long time for this thread to get any action. Here's the one I said that I was going to vent the HG's like the early Russian ones.

Quote Originally Posted by txgunnut View Post
    How bout a few full auto?
    That's a nice Onyx there. It's too bad we can't get something like that here. I'd love to get my hands on a Polish Krink. But evidently That Which Shall Not Be Infringed says we have to be protected from the scourge of imported barrels or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I assumed the bottom one was a 5.56 due to the mag....
    ETA: Funny you mention the mag. It's an Izzy, but whoever had it before me modded it for 5.56. Relieved the tab over the rear catch, filed down the area in front of the feed lips. Doesn't affect function, just looks like shit. I seem to have that kind of luck with Russian bakes. Bought 2 Tula 7.62 mags from a guy who claimed they were for a 5.45 rifle. Moron had ground the sides of the mag down to fit in a '74. Fortunately, I've got some JB Weld and built those areas up to fit right again, but they look like absolute crap.
    Last edited by hazmat; 01-22-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

hazmat ,, what mag will fit the krinkov 7.62 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    hazmat ,, what mag will fit the krinkov 7.62 ?
    The 7.62 Krink I had took all normal AK mags. I used a Hungarian 20 rd. mag most of the time.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

tried normal ak mag won't fit

The one I've got in her is an Izzy bakelite. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of receiver do you have? The one on my build is an NDS-1KP, and initially it had problems with Polish polymer slabside mags. It'll fit all the steel ones, the Bulgarian waffles (though I haven't tried the Bulgarian commercial mags yet), even the black Crapco mags. You may have to relieve a little in the mag well with some jewelers files to get them to fit. Post a pic or two of the problem and we'll see if we can't help you out.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast