Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ivan speaks to us on Accessorizing AKs...

"In Soviet Russia, AK accessorizes you!"

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Is Ivan Volk?

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I think it was more satirical than narrow mindedness.
    Satirical is a more accurate description.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander View Post
    *shakes his magic 8-Ball*

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    Is Ivan Volk?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    He sounded identical to this guy on a thread defending his mini bike against a bunch of Quad owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntforce View Post
    I actually have an AR 15-22 and find it somehow more interesting than the AKs. That's why I want to build a 223. It'll probably end up just taking up space somewhere but not bothering me. I have abandoned the .223 mostly but want to build an AR.

I know none of this makes sense.
    AR carbines seem like they could be a "do-it-all" weapon, don't they? All rolled into an 8-9 lb package.

I use mine with a single point sling and an Aimpoint 9000SC, then sling a Savage .308 hunting rifle over the opposite shoulder and practice transitions from 50 yard shots to 200 yard shots.

Then I wonder if I shouldn't just be using my A2- with some heavyweight match rounds it'd still be lethal at 200.

For me it's that 200 yard line- I just don't know if I'd ever need to cross it if I need to fight. If I do I want the Savage, and that means a lightweight carbine for closer work and if I don't I want the A2 for sake of only needing to manage one rifle.

I guess I've got every based covered at this point except real sniping/.50 cal anti-material and I'm out of time/money for those two.

So, yeah- nice to have the carbine around even if it's not my favorite.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I tend to agree with Ivan. But I'm a little more diplomatic about it. I wish I could cuss and speak poorly in Russian though...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I tend to agree with Ivan. But I'm a little more diplomatic about it. I wish I could cuss and speak poorly in Russian though...
    So do I.

Someone told me never to make fun of someone speaking broken English as they probably speak English better than I do their language. Made sense to me.

That spiel sounds like it came from a comedy flick. Sure made me laugh.

I used to put all the usual crap on my SKS's until I realized how stupid it all was. The most I have now is a TechSight on one of my Chikomz and it works great.

One of my AK's has an ergo grip, birdcage F/H and receiver mounted TechSight. Seems to work better for me. The other one's gonna stay stock.

"IVAN SAY YOU NEED FLASHLIGHT BECAUSE YOU ARE WEAK AMERICAN IMPERALIST! IVAN LAUGH AT WANNABE TEXAN WHO SCARED OF DARK. TRUE SOVIET SUPER GUYS ONLY NEED MIKHAIL. WE HUNT SIBERIAN WOLVES WITH BOTTLE OF VODKA AND MAGAZINE WITH NO BULLETS. YOU NEED GUN TO KILL LITTLE AMERICAN PUPPY? IVAN LAUGH AT YOU! "

Perhaps Ivan is drunk as usual?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12