Thread: Is it any wonder that people think "survivalists" are a bit off?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Smile Is it any wonder that people think "survivalists" are a bit off?

I mean, with guys like this posting on youtube....

Sorry, but he's a bit of a goof - number two and three have to share the same spot don't you know... they just do.

Oooh, here's another classic:

But then again, I have not done any accurate shooting at 100, 200 yards... but then again, the AK-47 isn't a very accurate gun... blah blah blah
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 08-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Survivalist eh?.....

I give him a week or maybe two before someone that really knows what he's doing comes along and smacks that ass. He's not very good at explaining things which is usually a telltale sign of not fully understanding things yourself. Little details like WHAT you inspect the breech for or WHY and WHEN the trigger slaps would be nice for a first timer watching his vids. If he's gonna do "how to's" for beginners at least do it right.

Yeah, a lot of the people on youtube just try to pose as something and feel cool about themselves. But in reality their ass wouldnt last a week before someone bigger or badder does them in. Another thing with the lack of explanation shows that that person isnt confident, might need some of that when SHTF.

Sidewalk Commandos........................

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I just got a kick out of his weirdness. The whole caliber "sharing 2nd and 3rd place" in his line up and such I also laughed when he said "you can strap this on your four wheeler so you don't have to get your AR all scratched up"
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Aks are good...

for about 200 yards or so then the bullet heads for the dirt. I like my Mosin Nagant. Much more accurate and good for about 600 yards or so with my old eyes. I am a believer of aimed fire, not spray and pray......chris3