Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tea Party "Terrorists"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The Liberals must be really scared of the TEA party considering all the hateful name calling spewed against them. So, if your tired of excess taxes, love America, believe in God, and the Constitution, you must be a terrorist!
    Beat me to it, exactly what I was gonna post. They're scared they will lose the ability to make more dependant Americans to suckle at the gov't teat and ensure themselves power forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    Evil, YELLING T-Party people. Will not play nice with mainline Dim-ocrats nor rino Re-thuglicans.

Wart
    I would say the average TEA partier is ahead of the curve in understanding it's going to take cuts, however I bet over 80% of TEA partiers do not understand the degree of cuts it would take to fix this problem right now. I would also bet that even a greater number would not take any cuts to services they or their families take from the government.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I would say the average TEA partier is ahead of the curve in understanding it's going to take cuts, however I bet over 80% of TEA partiers do not understand the degree of cuts it would take to fix this problem right now. I would also bet that even a greater number would not take any cuts to services they or their families take from the government.
    Sometimes the problem is too large to comprehend. You have to the problem in smaller chunks to make it understandable. I think that is what is happening with the Tea Party people. They understand there is a problem and they have reduced it to what they can at the moment comprehend. Once they have gotten the government to reduce spending I think they will keep going. At least I hope they will not try to save any "sacred cows".

(I say this as I watch with fear of people changing my military retirement)
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I don't know about terrorist but talk to a TEA party person about specifics on how to fix the budget and I can guarantee you a 90% shot at them ending up yelling at you.... (happened this weekend).
    Terrorist, insurgent, yelling tea party member...... PRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has got to be one of your most IDIOTIC posts ever. And I said that quietly and calmly

I figure you must have insulted the person in question or maybe they're just a little sensetive - being a terrorist, insurgent can do that to you...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I would say that you don't know shit from shinola.

Where are you getting this information professor?

Or is this just "your opinion"?

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I would say that you don't know shit from shinola.

Where are you getting this information professor?

Or is this just "your opinion"?
    It materialized out of a Rino Fart.

Perhaps someone should say something in defense of Gaddafi..........

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I don't know about terrorist but talk to a TEA party person about specifics on how to fix the budget and I can guarantee you a 90% shot at them ending up yelling at you.... (happened this weekend).
    The way I approach fixing something that's broke is:

A. What's broke?

B. Why did it break?

C. How to keep it from breaking again?

IMHO the average Tea Party member may not know C., but they are at least acknowledging A. (something is actually broken) which is more than most Democrats and a large percentage of Republicans are doing and they're got a pretty good idea about B. They will eventually get to C given enough time and seats in congress if not the white house.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

You might check with the WW 1 vets. Their opinion would be more valuable than mine.

Wart on my ass

Huh???

What does a group of protesters demanding money from the govt have to do with a "Bolshevik" takeover???

If you believe 'we the people' will move en masse think again. Absent some trigger mechanism - such as no gasoline at any price - we are not going to do anything but hope for the next election.
    And as usual we see your cynical misanthropic opinion of America and it's people.

You do seem to have a healthy hatred for this country.

No we the people aren't going to revolt at the drop of a hat or whenever the kooks think we should but I have faith in the American people both civilian and military to do the right thing when and if the time ever comes.

America and her people have a habit of rising up and surprising the shit out of the bozos who have understimated us and thought we were soft.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-24-2011 at 12:14 PM.

I think most TEA partiers have figured out spending is the problem and IMO it is. I don't think they (in general) realize the degree or depth of the problem, I've had more then one conversation in person and on the net with people who seem to have no clue between the difference of a billion and a trillion dollar problem. I've also not met many TEA partiers willing to give up some of their entitlements, atleast none over the age of 55 (the group I tend to run with). I believe you can get those under 40 to go with about any cut you can think of since most in this group have long gone with the idea they are getting shafted and will probably get nothing anyway. Too bad it's those 55 and older that need to give to really fix this problem...

I think most TEA partiers have figured out spending is the problem and IMO it is. I don't think they (in general) realize the degree or depth of the problem, I've had more then one conversation in person and on the net with people who seem to have no clue between the difference of a billion and a trillion dollar problem. I've also not met many TEA partiers willing to give up some of their entitlements, atleast none over the age of 55 (the group I tend to run with). I believe you can get those under 40 to go with about any cut you can think of since most in this group have long gone with the idea they are getting shafted and will probably get nothing anyway. Too bad it's those 55 and older that need to give to really fix this problem...
    I think I see you problem here. You are trying to hold a large group of people to some unrealistic "ideal". Find any other group of citizens the size of the "Tea Party" that can meet your standards here - you can't.

I think you're issue is that you are an elitist. You just haven't figured that out yet. Go back and read your posts - that's what it sounds like to me...

And as to "entitlements", if you are referring to social security, that is not an entitlement to those of us that have paid in our entire lives and have been promised a return on this our entire lives. Now if you are talking about somebody that did not pay and is receiving the benefits, then yes, THAT would be an "entitlement".

And don't tell me that they are taking out more than they put in - BULLSHIT. If they had invested the money instead of sending it to the IRS, they would have far more value than they are given back in the form of payments.

Do not equivocate welfare, foodstamps, WIC, etc. with a so-called "insurance" program.

No, I think the problem here is in your thinking - not the thinking of the Tea Party folks.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I believe more would be willing to give up some of their entitlements if they saw that Washington was actually doing the right thing first by cutting spending and reducing the size of government. Talking about entitlement reform as a first step is bound to throw most folks off the bandwagon. Actually get congress to do the right thing, quit giving handouts to folks that won't work and then you might find folks 55 and older will respond more favorably. Sometime it's not what you say or how you say it but WHEN you say it that makes the difference.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

mriddick, I can not get too mad at you, knowing some of your personal details, that you have a son in the miliatry right now, etc. I think you are a good guy. Seriously.

But I just can not agree with what you are saying. I think I made myself mostly clear as to why in the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I believe more would be willing to give up some of their entitlements if they saw that Washington was actually doing the right thing first by cutting spending and reducing the size of government. Talking about entitlement reform as a first step is bound to throw most folks off the bandwagon. Actually get congress to do the right thing, quit giving handouts to folks that won't work and then you might find folks 55 and older will respond more favorably. Sometime it's not what you say or how you say it but WHEN you say it that makes the difference.
    Again, I would take exception to the use of the word "entitlements".

Eliminate all fo the "true" entitlements and we would be a very good way towards solving our national monitary issues.

Well, they are terrorizing liberals so maybe their not to off base with the accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    mriddick, I can not get too mad at you, knowing some of your personal details, that you have a son in the miliatry right now, etc. I think you are a good guy. Seriously.

But I just can not agree with what you are saying. I think I made myself mostly clear as to why in the previous post.
    I have 3 sons in the military....

I have 3 sons in the military....
    Well, then you can blather on with some more stuff that I don't agree with and I'll still like ya.

Truthfully what my sons do shouldn't impact the discussion, afterall they could be the greatest thing going (and they are ) and I could still be a jerk (I probably am to more then a few ). However probably the biggest reason I feel like the TEA party has left me behind is because they've taken on much of your philosophy of mine is not an entitlement but everyone else's is... Every TEA partier I know in Congess and most I've met in real life feel we must reform social security by cutting benefits for the next generation, in other words leave mine alone but pass it along one more time. Your philosophy is not unique from what I've seen at TEA party gatherings, and I'm in complete disagreement with it.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Huh???

What does a group of protesters demanding money from the govt have to do with a "Bolshevik" takeover???

And as usual we see your cynical misanthropic opinion of America and it's people.

You do seem to have a healthy hatred for this country.

No we the people aren't going to revolt at the drop of a hat or whenever the kooks think we should but I have faith in the American people both civilian and military to do the right thing when and if the time ever comes.

America and her people have a habit of rising up and surprising the shit out of the bozos who have understimated us and thought we were soft.
    I have faith in the American...........military to do the right thing when and if the time ever comes.
    You are an even dumber weevil than I thought.

From the military perspective they will be doing the right thing.....following orders and the military will move against the civilian population just as it always has in the past.

The likely way we will be disarmed is not through military action but much more likely the .gov will follow the Nazi strategy of the 1930's.

Wart

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

You are an even dumber weevil than I thought.

From the military perspective they will be doing the right thing.....following orders and the military will move against the civilian population just as it always has in the past.

The likely way we will be disarmed is not through military action but much more likely the .gov will follow the Nazi strategy of the 1930's.

Wart on my ass

Bullshit.

Our military is made up of Americans not Nazis.

You are a sick twisted little worm who seems to think that your fellow Americans are some sort of disease that's infecting this country.

America IS it's people and without them there is no USA.

Why don't you ask some of the vets and those with family that are serving if they're just a bunch of mindless goons who blindly follow orders.

No I'm not "dumb", I can speak just fine thank you, I'm just not a hateful misanthrope that thinks his insane and perverted thoughts and ideas are the gospel like you.

It's pathetic and disgusting to see how your diseased and evil little mind actually thinks.

You are one sick weirdo and need help in a bad way.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12