Thread: Need a Pick Me Up? Don't watch this vid....

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Post Need a Pick Me Up? Don't watch this vid....

~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well that was cheery.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Thanks OSOK. You just lit fire under my ass for a water filtration system. I just spent $1800 on car repairs and now I need a Berkey water filter before the poop hits the fan. Mark Ducati needs to write me some scripts for Amoxicilin too. Damn it!
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Whats that about only the strong survive?

My advice is don't forget to stock up on liquor and cigarettes. Liquor should help with pain, thirst and sterilization. The smokes... well... smoke'em if you got'em

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Thanks OSOK. You just lit fire under my ass for a water filtration system. I just spent $1800 on car repairs and now I need a Berkey water filter before the poop hits the fan. Mark Ducati needs to write me some scripts for Amoxicilin too. Damn it!
    you are aware that the amoxicilin will either be used up or won't last long enough to rebuild right? seriously folks; pills in a bottle only work so long before the active chemicals are no longer active..and you can't say a lack of stable temperatures won't affect what you do store because you know good and well they will.
    Last edited by Sergi762; 08-25-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: grammar&usage

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Saw it allready, did'nt cheer me up then either.

I still wanna know where i can finde a gal like that though...

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    you are aware that the amoxicilin will either be used up or won't last long enough to rebuild right? seriously folks; pills in a bottle only work so long before the active chemicals are no longer active..and you can't say a lack of stable temperatures won't affect what you do store because you know good and well they will.
    IIRC there was a post on another forum about medications having a two year shelf life from date of manufacture which is why most Rx have a one year date when you get them at the pharmacy. The shelf life was based on a decrease by 10% of the medications effectiveness over that period of time. I guess you could take more of some older medications and still get some benefit but storing at a moderate and stable temperature and discarding when expired are probably the best/safest route though in a pinch, something might be better than nothing?

Wonder if certain meds can be refridgerated or frozen to extend their shelf life?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell