Thread: Solar Storm Warning

Solar Storm Warning

http://www.solarstormwarning.com/

Lots of interesting info on this sight.

I wonder if Marshall Law REX-84 is how obongo plans to stay in power... by suspending our constitutional rights?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Get out the tin foil and umbrella, also so wading boots would be a good idea once things start to get really deep.

I hate to disagree with these people, but Algore and many people in our know-it-all government has told us that things are heating up because we are enjoying life too much. For a scientist to say that the sun is getting warmed up ( I wanted to say that the sun was getting excited, but...) and that is going to cause problem can't be right because our government and other holier than thous have told us it's our fault.

Time to dig holes...

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Actually we knew this cycle was coming and it's going to be a little rough on telecommunications, satellite signals, GPS and some power grids for the next few years. High tech is wonderful but it has weaknesses steam power and cast iron technology didn't.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I just put some more biltong in the fridge to marinate overnight - then into the dehydrator tomrrow.

I'm ready.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I just put some more biltong in the fridge to marinate overnight - then into the dehydrator tomrrow.

I'm ready.
    60+ jars of tomato sauce, juice, pasta sauce, salsa, jalapenos canned and a few bags of frozen corn added last night. Im pretty good.

I need to get my '69 Camaro finished, so at least I can drive it a bit before the SHTF!!!

First the Myans then the Alien plant riders and now a super solar storm. 2012 is panning out to be an exceptionally exciting year.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidelski View Post
    First the Myans then the Alien plant riders and now a super solar storm. 2012 is panning out to be an exceptionally exciting year.
    There was a really good article in a recent issue of Popular Science magazine that was pointing out that the biggest threat isn't to communications, but to the electricity grid itself. If a huge CME (coronal mass-ejection) were to fry several major transformers, large swaths of the U.S. could be without power for YEARS, before new ones could be manufactured. Homeland Security is working on emergency contingency measures, but they likely won't be in time for 2013 when the solar-flare season is supposed to peak again. Back in the 19th century a big solar storm caused fires to break out at telegraph machine offices. We're much more dependent on the grid these days. Another big threat is older generation nuclear power plants that only have enough backup generators for a few days of no electricity at most. Considering the fact that practically all gas stations need electricity to even pump gas, there could be serious risks of wide-scale melt-downs contaminating entire areas near nuclear plants.

If worse comes to worse though, if the observation and detection satellites work properly, we should know pretty well when exactly the sun's attacks are going to hit, so they could pre-emptively shut down the entire grid for hours or days to prevent such a catastrophe from overloading the system and frying transformers. But we've never tried to shut down the entire grid completely before and then try to turn it back on. There's so much opportunity for error, that could be a rough few years for many millions of people.

Now is a really good time to invest in solar panels or generators to augment your energy needs in case of a prolonged power outage from the grid.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

ATAK said: "I need to get my '69 Camaro finished, so at least I can drive it a bit before the SHTF!!!"

Same here, but it's a 1957 Olds Convertible.

LAGC said:"Now is a really good time to invest in solar panels or generators to augment your energy needs in case of a prolonged power outage from the grid."

Sir, you are 100% correct. Plenty of gasoline needs to be stored also, but very carefully.

I think you can laugh all we want about the Mayan Calender and Anunaki Aliens... that's all speculation as to what THEIR intent/messages were...

Regardless, you CANNOT deny the very simple fact that the Earth IS going to pass through the "Galactic Equinox"(This is thin middle line of our spiral galaxy when viewed from the side) and so will our sun which will be in perfect alignment with the earth on this plane 12-21-2012. In the center of our galaxy is a huge black hole which is the engine that's driving the rotation of our galaxy... as the earth passes through this galactic equinox/plane it is believed that our magnetic poles will shift. Such shifting would cause devastating global earthquakes and flooding. The gravitational shifting of the sun will also bring about Core Mass Ejections spewing EMP radiation towards the earth (this may happen before 12-21-12 or after, no one knows when but they do expect it in 2012.

The solar panel idea is great, but as long as they and microcircuitry running them are protected from the initial EMP blast from the sun... and that's a big question too, when/how will you know when the EMP blast is over and its safe to bring your electronics and solar panels out of your "Faraday Cages" to use?

They say the EMP blast could be the equivalent of receiving 100 chest x-rays per day... how are you going to survive that for weeks or months?

The above solarstormwarning.com link has a link on its page to a downloadable "survival guide", but its not up yet... they talked about how to make a sleeping bag to protect yourself but didn't give any directions (I guess the plan is to protect yourself during the day and become nocturnal?)

My basement vault has an 8" concrete ceiling that was initially supported with steel sheets... but I don't know if its thick enough to block gamma rays from the sun?
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 08-26-2011 at 07:44 AM.

Guess you could make some sleeping bags and clothes out of this fabric... but its like $1400 bucks a 100ft. roll!

http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    There was a really good article in a recent issue of Popular Science magazine that was pointing out that the biggest threat isn't to communications, but to the electricity grid itself. If a huge CME (coronal mass-ejection) were to fry several major transformers, large swaths of the U.S. could be without power for YEARS, before new ones could be manufactured. Homeland Security is working on emergency contingency measures, but they likely won't be in time for 2013 when the solar-flare season is supposed to peak again. Back in the 19th century a big solar storm caused fires to break out at telegraph machine offices. We're much more dependent on the grid these days. Another big threat is older generation nuclear power plants that only have enough backup generators for a few days of no electricity at most. Considering the fact that practically all gas stations need electricity to even pump gas, there could be serious risks of wide-scale melt-downs contaminating entire areas near nuclear plants.

If worse comes to worse though, if the observation and detection satellites work properly, we should know pretty well when exactly the sun's attacks are going to hit, so they could pre-emptively shut down the entire grid for hours or days to prevent such a catastrophe from overloading the system and frying transformers. But we've never tried to shut down the entire grid completely before and then try to turn it back on. There's so much opportunity for error, that could be a rough few years for many millions of people.

Now is a really good time to invest in solar panels or generators to augment your energy needs in case of a prolonged power outage from the grid.
    I'm not so sure that modern electric transmission systems work the same as a 1800's telegraph wire. As for solar panels and generators, if this storm hits and has capacity to fry major electric systems then who's to say that common electronics and the solar panels and generators that would power these devices won't get fried as well. Shutting down the entire grid is easy, bringing it back up is a little more difficult but not impossible. even f done the hard way, bring all generators down and open their main breaker = deenergized grid...

We're going to need some very large Faraday Cages, has anyone looked into converting a gargage into an extra large faraday cage so you can protect all you stuff?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

You'd need to store your solar panels, control units, and all other wanted electronic gizmos under some kind of shielding.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Mark Ducati said: "Guess you could make some sleeping bags and clothes out of this fabric... but its like $1400 bucks a 100ft. roll!

http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html"

Anyone for an AK-47 group buy?