Thread: Lost CZ-82 Spring

Lost CZ-82 Spring

I disassembled my CZ-82 yesterday to park it. After degreasing, I took inventory of the parts. A spring was missing. It is the slide release spring which is a VERY small straight wire spring with a hook on one end. See #42 in diagram below.

I looked up the cost of a replacement, and I AM NOT paying $15 (w/shipping) for a spring, especially one that small. After searching my work room for something to make one with, I found a key ring (the thin type used by repair shops to put customers keys on) and thought if I were to try to straighten it out, it would surely break. Not so. I made a duplicate from another website and it works like the original.

Last edited by slamfire51; 08-28-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Glad to hear you fixed it yourself. Lots of small parts is the only thing I don't like about CZ pistols.

Is this a different CZ or are you parking the same one?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Glad to hear you fixed it yourself. Lots of small parts is the only thing I don't like about CZ pistols.

Is this a different CZ or are you parking the same one?
    Yep 50+ parts. It was a nightmare the 1st time I tore one down and reassembled it. It's a breeze now.

This is a different one.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL