Thread: Fed's New Plan to Boost Economy Unlikely to Help Much, Analysts Say

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Post Fed's New Plan to Boost Economy Unlikely to Help Much, Analysts Say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/11...-analysts-say/

The last time the Federal Reserve came up with a big plan to help the economy, it totaled $600 billion and touched off a 28 percent rally in the stock market.
    But if the Fed takes any new steps, as many people expect, it won't look anything like that. Look for small ball, not a home run.
    Investors are wondering what Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke has up his sleeve. The economy is in danger of sliding back into recession, and the stock market has taken a hit this summer -- down 10 percent since Aug. 1.

No shit Sherlock.

The die is cast gunsneters. The only thing that the Fed can do from here on out is delay the inevitable.

Do the research, don't believe me.

The world will enter a deep depression in 2-3 years when the US defaults on it's debt after the dollar bubble collapses.

You simply can't print money and inject three times the cash into circulation without evenually experiencing rapid inflation - like 10% per year. And you can't have inflaction without the interest rates going up and you can't have interest rates go up without the US debt burden increasing to the breaking point.

The US funds its debt with short term bonds - which means they come due every year and need to be reset to the current interest rate.

Again, do the research yourself and you will see what I'm seeing.

I'm ringing the town fire bell here.

If you want to discuss "so then what do I do about it?", then we can do that. You will not like the answers as they are very inconvenient.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

I think the EU is going to beat us to it, but the dominoes will fall regardless.
    Returns June 3rd.

Actually, from what I am finding, it seems that although we will be the initiator, our economy and people will actually suffer less than the rest of the world... but just less.

And you are right about the dominoes - China's biggest A number one customer is the USA. If we stop buying their second rate shit, then they will stop buying from Germany. China is Germany's A number one customer.

And then there's the middle East - if the dollar goes to shit, they lose huge on income - and if the world economy slows down, they lose big on income... expect to see the Saudi Royal family bite the dirt as the entire region sucks air economically.

And yes, the EU is really in trouble and may actually go down first and push us to the brink even faster.

The other "interesting" aspect of our national debt is that it is funded by foriegn investors to a great deal and if they stop buying our bonds....

Bottom line: there is just no happy news and really no happy plausable scenario for the next 10 years.

Nope. Even if there were a way out, I don't see the necessary leadership on the horizon to lead us to safety.

Hopefully I'm wrong, none of this is what I had wanted for my kids.
    Returns June 3rd.

Yeah. I am really pissed about what we've worked up for them. Really sucks.

I am trying to at least make a place for us all to live and be able to eat well if things go really bad... but it's a race against time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Nope. Even if there were a way out, I don't see the necessary leadership on the horizon to lead us to safety.

Hopefully I'm wrong, none of this is what I had wanted for my kids.
    My feelings exactly.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

how bout...

Wrangle in gas prices to start.

BUT that would leave their friends a few bucks short.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    how bout...

Wrangle in gas prices to start.

BUT that would leave their friends a few bucks short.
    Energy prices are a huge problem and have played a major roll in the inflation we've been enjoying. Plus many industries are hesitant to do anything in the way of expansion here due to high energy costs and the promise that under the current regime, they will go even higher.
    Returns June 3rd.