Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Eight Beers Americans No Longer Drink

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Corona is #1, (it is bottled and imported by Budweiser). All those Busch products are failing because they SUCK! Heineken tastes like shit compared to the real stuff sold in Holland. Most domestic brewed beer tastes like crap because it's too mass produced. Even Coors doesn't taste as good as it used to. Stick to hard liquor, it's better for you.
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

I wish Stroh's was still in business.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

All of those beers listed taste like piss imo, so it's not a big loss.

I think a lot of American beer drinkers have become more savvy over the last decade or two as to what constitutes real beer. Pale, watery, tasteless swill is not accepted as the norm in other parts of the world, and never has been. The US is finally catching up with countries like Germany, Belgium, Czechslovakia, England, Scotland, etc. in this regard.

Stella Artois , when I'm in the bucks ....

Miller Camo 4 packs , when I'm just about broke ....

any beer at all when I'm painting the house and it's 100 degrees out ....
    Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    I wish Stroh's was still in business.
    I hear that, I loved it in a bottle. I hear Pabst is selling it but it's hit or miss trying to find it around here. Don't know if it still has the flavor I liked.
    Good stuff
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    This time of year I can be found picking up some Same Adams Octoberfest, later I'll be getting the Winter Lager.
    The Octoberfest has a very good flavor this year.

As for Miller Lite, I always liked Miller High Life Light better, and it's usually cheaper. Why it's so hard to find around here I don't know.

That's a list of swill. If I'm gunna drink swill, it wil be PBR in the bottle or from the tap, it is supirior to every beer on that list.

Good beer ranked...
    1) Newcastle (Bottles 12 packs ONLY, the clear bottles need the box to keep the light out)
    2) Shiner Bock
    3) Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat
    4) Guiness
    5) Stella Artois
    6) Leinenkugel's Classic Amber and Original
    7) Left Hand Milk Stout
    8) Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest
    9) Paulaner Octoberfest
    10) Blue Moon

Anyone of those would do you right.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been know to down some PBR's when the temp is soaring outside. And no, I've never been a big Heinekin drinker:

I stick to American micros like Shipyard, Dogfish, Brooklyn, and others. I dabble in Modelo. But my never fail, go-to drinks are Hofbrau, Aecht schlenkerla rausch, Valentin weiss, Schneider & Sohn, Julius Echter, Weihenstephaner, Ayinger, Franzikaner, Paulaner
    Why do I need so many guns? Why do you need so many shoes?

My current favorite beer is Schlitz. It used to be the most popular beer in the world, then they changed their brewing process and were bankrupt and gone in a few years. Over the years, the name was stuck on all sorts of ghetto swill that had nothing to do with the original.

For a few years now, the real stuff is being made and slowly catching on. It used to be very hard to find. It's now showing up in some of the trendy bars ans restaurants in my city and is sold in practically every grocery store.

A little known fact about beer is that it can be useful in determining if you are an asshole. The way it works is, if the beer(s) YOU like are the only acceptable beers, and everything else is horse piss, you are an asshole.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    My current favorite beer is Schlitz. It used to be the most popular beer in the world, then they changed their brewing process and were bankrupt and gone in a few years. Over the years, the name was stuck on all sorts of ghetto swill that had nothing to do with the original.

For a few years now, the real stuff is being made and slowly catching on. It used to be very hard to find. It's now showing up in some of the trendy bars ans restaurants in my city and is sold in practically every grocery store.
    I'm glad someone brought this stuff up. Yeah, as recently as a few years ago, Schlitz was $2.50/6 pack horse piss. The company went to tremendous lengths to recreate the 1960's recipe, including digging up old Schlitz purchase manifests and interviewing retired brewmasters from the old days. What they created is an awesome, traditional American-style lager: still relatively light bodied, but a complex and flavorful beer. Anyone who has a chance to try it, I highly recommend it, especially if you can find it on tap.

I just hope their marketing can overcome years of Schlitz being known as undrinkable swill, because it would be great to see one of the classic American brands revived.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Before I had kids, I used to drink premium beer, but when the kids came, I had to cut back so I learned to drink cheap beer and like it. Now, I mostly drink Milwaukee's Best, or if I'm in a bar, I order Coor's Light draft.

I used to drink Budweiser, but now that crap gives me one hell of a headache.

In college, we used to buy Haufbrau at $6 a case...cheap, strong-flavored, but after the first beer, the rest went down smoothly. I miss that beer. It was a great breakfast beer!

For the past 2-3 years, I've pretty much stopped drinking...just lost the urge to have any. I've had the same beer in the fridge since last Christmas. Whoop.

Anyone into Old Style? Used to drink it in Illinois.

I like Czechvar

so damn hard to find though
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Anyone into Old Style? Used to drink it in Illinois.
    I just got a 12 pack for old time's sake a few months ago. It's pretty awful stuff. Not nasty tasting, just very little taste whatsoever.

But it IS fully kreusened, for whatever that's worth.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Real Kentuckians drink Sterling.
    do they still brew falls city? and was sterling brewed in evansville? i had a few of both, years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12