Thread: America's Obituary

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

America's Obituary

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
    From spiritual faith to great courage;
    From courage to liberty;
    From liberty to abundance;
    From abundance to complacency;
    From complacency to apathy;
    From apathy to dependence;
    From dependence back into bondage."
    The Obituary follows:

Born 1776, Died 2012
    It doesn't hurt to read this several times.
    I see apathy in the electorate.

I see dependency on the Federal Government to be their support and answer for all of their problems.

I see sheep willing to go into bondage in the vain hope that it gives them security.

If this isn't a reason to pay attention to the political scenery and the poke in the eye the electorate needs to get off the couch and to the polls then we are truly lost.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Our Founding Fathers, who were brilliant men - a collection of brilliant men knew their history and were well aware of this.

It is why they built-in the mechanisms of renewal into the Constitution.

Thomas Jefferson was very blunt about the more severe situations: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".

There are many non-violent mechanisms for change, but when the situation calls for more rapid action, there's the 2A - and as long as we have a 3 percent, it can be used.

I see a large number of citizen patriots, referred to as "the tea party" that are using the non-violent mechanisms to their best ability and are having success.

The question is: do we have enough time?
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Our Founding Fathers, who were brilliant men - a collection of brilliant men knew their history and were well aware of this.

Thomas Jefferson was very blunt about the more severe situations: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants".

There are many non-violent mechanisms for change, but when the situation calls for more rapid action, there's the 2A - and as long as we have a 3 percent, it can be used.

I see a large number of citizen patriots, referred to as "the tea party" that are using the non-violent mechanisms to their best ability and are having success.

whilst i agree with you in principal, the tea party are generaly considerd a bunch of 'dumb rednecks' by most people, at least in the circles that i walk, and i am inclined to agree with them. what is needed is a movement that hinges upon bringing the US inline with it's entire constitution, especialy the bill of rights, and not just the parts that the govenment want's to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Toting Lefty View Post
    whilst i agree with you in principal, the tea party are generaly considerd a bunch of 'dumb rednecks' by most people, at least in the circles that i walk, and i am inclined to agree with them. what is needed is a movement that hinges upon bringing the US inline with it's entire constitution, especialy the bill of rights, and not just the parts that the govenment want's to follow.
    You just called me a dumb redneck and then made a statement illustrating further your ignorance of what the tea party is all about. Do a little more research.

And I also suggest finding another crowd to run with.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Don't be so touchy OSSOK, he is right, every liberal and that includes most journalists tag that label on everybody who disagrees with them. They are usually surprised when they meet me in person and I don't drool or drag my knuckles on the ground, they hate that we don't fit their mental image of us. Best revenge is to keep speaking up, keep voting and become the majority. They will never like us but if they see they are outnumbered they will learn fear and calling us names is just their way of whistling in the dark.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Hey, we're having a conversation here do you mind OG?

Quit being so defensive.

I think this guy has other plans....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gird...-here-at-home/

And I don't think this guy's solutions will work....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nyc-...uld-be-coming/

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    I think this guy has other plans....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gird...-here-at-home/

And I don't think this guy's solutions will work....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nyc-...uld-be-coming/

Rage
    That is treasonous talk. The DHS should immediately issue warrants for his arrest. They worry about the tea party being a threat to the country and then totally ignore the Black Panthers? Give me a break.

Granted, the Black Panthers would last about 30 seconds trying to wage war against anybody but the inner city where they exist. But still - come on.

And Bloomberg is just showing what a total idiot he really is. The says this crap right before the "day of rage" that is being organized for tomorrow... oh, and lets be sure to have all law-abiding citizens and shop owners be unarmed. Yeah, thanks asshole.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 09-16-2011 at 09:45 PM.

That is treasonous talk. The DHS should immediately issue warrants for his arrest. They worry about the tea party being a threat to the country and then totally ignore the Black Panthers? Give me a break.

Granted, the Black Panthers would last about 30 seconds trying to wage war against anybody but the inner city where they exist. But still - come on.

And Bloomberg is just showing what a total idiot he really is. The says this crap right before the "day of rage" that is being organized for tomorrow... oh, and lets be sure to have all law-abiding citizens and shop owners be unarmed. Yeah, thanks asshole.
    Don't you remember Holder declaring that he wouldn't go after his "people?"

Rage

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

My personal GUESS is that by 2025 - 14 years max - the US dollar will no longer be the world's reserve currency. Oh we may be a part of the basket of currencies that replaces the dollar - Brazil, Russia*, India, China* and the US will likely comprise the basket but our ability to create money out of nothing will be gone.

14 years to fix the US economy and we have not even started. No....not enough time.

Wart

*Russia and China openly ridicule our fiscal stupidity.

China just announced they will be selling our bonds and investing in our best companies.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

China has one major, serious advantage over us:

A government that can make and implement decisions quickly.

I've lived in a single party, moderately authoritarian state (Singapore) for many years now. It's not as authoritarian as China, but the gov't here makes decisions and implements them fast and doesn't care much about dissent and the people still elect them in (the elections are real ones and there is opposition). At first, I derided their system and believed the US one was vastly superior. Over the years, watching large infastructure projects happen quickly, seeing Singapore (population ~5mil) amass cash reserves of ONE TRILLION US DOLLARS, etc...I've changed my mind.

Governments need power with elections to balance. I would be happy with our president making decisions that can only be overturned by something decisive like 3/4 of Congress. Don't like him? Vote him out. Our biggest problem is inaction, indecision, bickering, dilution be endless compromise, etc. Our tax code is a Byzantine system that probably no one person knows entirely backwards to forwards - Singapore's is one page on a website that any 12 year old can understand. Our social benefits are layers upon layers - Singapore has none, work or starve. Our Social Security program is in doubt - Singapore has individual accounts with employer contributions so you get out what you put in plus appreciation.

This place isn't perfect (they also have an Internal Security Act which allows imprisonment for any length of time without trial or charges!) but the comparisons I see are glaring.