Thread: Shots fired! Tuscon Air Force Base on lockdown

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post Shots fired! Tuscon Air Force Base on lockdown

This is the base with the huge aircraft boneyard.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/16...e-on-lockdown/
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Our office managers daughter is stationed there, and as of 30 min. ago has not heard from her. She just left the office for the day.

I have a roofing crew down there working on a building just outside the base, i called them to find out what's up and they haven't answered their phone either.

Massachusetts Minuteman
    I visited in-laws in Tucson about ten years backs, and they drove us past that base. The antique planes were a great sight.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Spokeswoman: No shooting at US air force base

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 1:45 PM CDT Updated: Sep 16, 2011 3:55 PM CDT

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - An Air Force base was rattled Friday after a report of a man with a gun prompted panic and reports that someone had been shot at the sprawling facility on the edge of Tucson.
    Traffic into and out of the base was being limited because of an unspecified security situation, but no one was shot or hurt, according to the public affairs office at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.
    The scare apparently was prompted by reports of someone with something that looked like a weapon, said Tech Sgt. Russ Martin. The reports haven't been confirmed, Martin said.

http://www.myabc5.com/story/15481303...se-on-lockdown
    Looks like another ninnie alarm. Maybe everybody should be armed, then they wouldn't be so jumpy and boogermen wouldn't want to try anything.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

It is sad and silly that our military bases would react to something like this in such a way.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    This is the base with the huge aircraft boneyard.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/16...e-on-lockdown/
    Actually, AMARC(the "Boneyard") is next to the base, so is an awesome museum. I just happen to be in Tucson, taking care of my Grand-parents-in-law, 90 & 99yo! Haven't had the news on, but this is the first I've head of it.

The article makes it sound like anyone can get onto AMARC, but it's as restricted as any active flightline!