Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marc Faber: Protect Your Property with High Voltage Fences, Barbed Wire, Booby Traps,

Do you think that it was wrong to execute Che when he caught invading Bolivia?

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    They should have tied a chain around his leg and drug him through shark infested waters for a couple of weeks then tried and executed him but I understand I might be judging the man a little harshly..............nope I had it right the first time. Hey, I never claimed to be a nice guy, just good looking.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

They also killed the folks in Che's squad I think.

I also think most of the 3200 or so people Pinochet killed were Marxists activists turned revolutionaries when his country collapsed. Probably not all of them- I'm under no illusion the man was some kind of saint.

But for the people of Chile I think it would have been much worse if the commies were allowed any kind of traction in the turmoil of economic and governmental collapse.

I think a lot more Chileans would have died violently if Pinochet didn't do what he did. I admit I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    Thank you, thank you- but I mean who will be OUR Pinochet?
    We don't need a "Pinochet". What we need is a mix of Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, and Franklin. Maybe if Heston were still alive - - - .
    Last edited by JTHunter; 08-18-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typo
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I'd follow Heston into hell.

Don't forget Adams!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    I'd follow Heston into hell.

Don't forget Adams!
    Sam, John, or John Quincy?
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post

Or harass and snipe the shit outa them until they leave so you can rebuild.

This gets my vote.
    Already seen it work just fine once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    No argument there, I'm only saying a standalone fortification is not a military installation but a target.
    That is why we still build them? Our "fortifications" in Iraq and Afghanistan are a poke in the eye to the enemy because he can't remove them. Our enemy's inability to maintain his "fortifications" are a pat on the back for us. Same as so many things "fixed fortifications" are a coin with two sides and some are focusing on one side while ignoring the other.

Waging war means logistics and support. Contrary to popular beliefs Infantry does not stay in the field for the duration; they are rotated in and out of combat. Supplies are kept in "secure" areas and so are field hospitals, vehicle repairs, air fields for tact air, ammunition storage, etc etc. As long as these things and others are needed there will be "fixed fortifications." It is when the ability to defend them is lacking then one loses the war.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123