Thread: Spare Parts for the VEPR K (7.62 x 39)

Spare Parts for the VEPR K (7.62 x 39)

Good Evening All,

I'm new to this forum and new to the VEPR K. I have long wanted one of these rifles and I have finally acquired one. I'm not interested in changing it in any respects, as I like the way it came from Robinson, however, I am interested in finding spare parts for it. I've looked around, including touching base with Robinson themselves, but can't seem to find an available source of spare parts. Can any of you gentlemen, with apparently a lot more experience on this rifle than I, advise a source of parts? I'm under the impression standard AK parts won't work? Will RPK parts work? Most notably I'm interested in obtaining a new / spare bolt head, new / spare bolt assembly and a new / spare recoil spring assembly. Any wisdom you can afford this newbie is greatly appreciated!

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    You might want to try Numrich Gun Parts...they have a huge stock of parts
    and may have some for VEPR.
    Welcome to the group....
    Just me and my monkey....

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion Binky. I've looked at Numrich and though they carry AK parts, I can't get a clear answer on if these parts will actually work in the VEPR. Some I've asked say the internals of the VEPR are from an RPK...others say they are AK...some say replacement parts must be Molot or Bulgarian parts only...others say anything Russian will work, others say anything European. Seems there are few 'knowns' and a lot of of unknowns when it comes to the VEPR, and of course I'm no expert...simply learning. Maybe someone that's tried to replace the original parts of the VEPR with other parts can say one way or another, but for the now the information I've seen is very cloudy.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Welcome to the board.

What parts are you looking for?

IIRC, most common small parts will work, trigger, hammer, sear, springs, etc. from an AK or an RPK. Trunions and other parts are a different story.

El...thank you for the welcome.

I was simply thinking in terms of a gas piston, recoil spring, firing pin, misc. springs, etc...small internal parts that possibly could break over time. I'm told I don't need to worry too much about parts breaking on this rifle, but my 'be prepared' mentality has me looking for a few spare parts. At any rate thank you for the reply.

For your most 'consumable' parts, Bulgarian seem to match up best in my experience. Specifically Bolt and BCA. The spring kits and such are pretty generic and there's enough 'tolerance' in the AK's design to work with most of them.
    Good luck

I like you have pretty much cam up with zilch!
    I was looking for a Trigger assembly like Robinson uses and some of the .223 conversion followers. Robinson does not answer their phone.

Really standard AK parts work for all the small parts... Springs, trigger group, gas piston, firing pin, pivot pins, Shepard's hook. Order a Wolf AK spring kit, a G2 trigger group, a replacement standard AK firing pin and retainer pin. I've never seen a gas piston break without a catastrophic failure that ruined the receiver and barrel. A Shepard's hook or Tapco Retainer Plate and a couple of pivot pins would round out the list.

Passed this, you are really more into playing gunsmith/armorer which is OK if you have the tooled up shop.
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 10-28-2012 at 01:56 PM.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/fcg.html

VEPR fire control groups...