Thread: Bayonets of Japan: A Comprehensive Reference on Japanese Bayonets [Hardcover]

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Bayonets of Japan: A Comprehensive Reference on Japanese Bayonets [Hardcover]

Well i just ordered a copy. What say you?
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

I say I have a signed collectors first edition (38/100) - and it was some of the BEST money I've ever spent. Absolutely first rate reference!
    Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Great to hear that fingolfen! I hear it is much better then the book ( Larry Johnson's Japanese Bayonets ) and much cheaper. Even for a used copy LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinchains View Post
    Great to hear that fingolfen! I hear it is much better then the book ( Larry Johnson's Japanese Bayonets ) and much cheaper. Even for a used copy LOL!
    I agree with that assessment 100% - this guy has done his research - separates everything out into type and assigns scarcity numbers to them. Unfortunately I'm waiting for more funds and display room to really start exercising the book...
    Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - King Leonidas I of Sparta

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfen View Post
    I agree with that assessment 100% - this guy has done his research - separates everything out into type and assigns scarcity numbers to them. Unfortunately I'm waiting for more funds and display room to really start exercising the book...

Yeah i hear you my work is slow and cash is short on my end to.

Ray LeBar

I met Ray and Marth at the Blevins Shoot in 2003. When his book came out he had a limited number made up that he autographed and we got to pick our number. I am not a bayonet collector but the book was so pretty and so well written I ordered no. 74 just thought it would look real good on my book shelf. The 74 was the age I was when I bought it. Really a nice book. riceone

Thats pretty darn cool riceone.

I have collectors edition number 15. The book is the best reference in existance for information on Japanese bayonets. You can still buy them from the author.
    03man
    Author of The Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle, 2010 edition
    Editor of The Knee Mortars of Japan