Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 C&R Postal Match Champion - and the Winer IS ..........................

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation The 2011 C&R Postal Match Champion - and the Winer IS ..........................

The targets are all scored, the totals are tallied for the 2011 C&R Championships.

1st Place Pistol: Dieselbuilder - 204 points out of 300
    2nd Place Pistol: Schuetzenman - 178 points out of 300
    3rd Place Pistol: Old Grump - 126 points out of 300.

1st Place Bolt Rifle: Dieselbuilder - 261
    2nd Place Bolt Rifle: Old Grump - 249
    3rd Place Bolt Rifle: Schuetzenman - 229

1st Place Self Loading Rifle: Dieselbuilder - 261
    2nd Place Self Loading Rifle: Old Grump - 245
    3rd Place Self Loading Rifle: Schuetzenman - 232

Grand Champion Winner
    1st - Dieselbuilder, score of 721
    2nd - Schuetzenman, score of 639
    3rd - Old Grump, score of 620

Thanks for participating folks. Some of you out there signed up (Funky and AKTexas) yet never sent enven one target in. I hope we get a higher level of participation next year. Now start planning on doing this all over again in 2012.

All of the Trophies will be heading to Dieselbuilder, (the rifle isn't a prize). I have simple shipping, only one package going out. Congratulations Dieselbuilder, way to go!
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 10-04-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Congratulations DB!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Way to go Dieselbuilder, Congratulations.

Grand Champion Winner

Did you notice our scores and how consistent they were between our bolt and our semi guns. I always said it don't matter what gun you shoot, you learn one you learn them all. Keep practicing cause I'm coming to getcha...........or not, we will see how the old carcass holds together for another year.

Still looking for a handgun to call my own for the C&R matches and when I do...I'll probably break my arm..oh well.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Wow, Thanks guys. I hadn't shot any of the guns much at all before this and it was fun just to get out and shoot.

That is an interesting point you make Grump... I hadn't even noticed the consistency issue.
    I was real proud of my little M1 carbine. I am not so sure that I could have done much better with my Garand.

I had loads of fun and look forward to next year as well. I think next year I will use my Garand and my Winchester Model of 1917, just have to get some ammo ordered from the CMP.
    Last edited by Dieselbuilder; 10-04-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Congrats DB. Great shootin!

I'll have to do some practicing for next year.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Great job guys!

Sorry I flaked out. 2011 turned out more personally chaotic than I had envisioned.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Way to go Dieselbuilder, Congratulations.

Grand Champion Winner

Did you notice our scores and how consistent they were between our bolt and our semi guns. I always said it don't matter what gun you shoot, you learn one you learn them all. Keep practicing cause I'm coming to getcha...........or not, we will see how the old carcass holds together for another year.

Still looking for a handgun to call my own for the C&R matches and when I do...I'll probably break my arm..oh well.
    Yes we had only about 4 points variation btween bolt and self loading rifles. Handgun was the big divider in the overall. I too need a better pistol / revolver. My Belgian Police HP has flaked out completely, won't even stay on the paper from a bagged rest.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Congrats!

Could not find time to shoot my targets. I'm now just getting ready for the fall season. Reloading caught up, feeders in place. Blinds painted and all repairs made.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 10-05-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Congrats!

Could not find time to shoot my targets. I'm now just getting ready for the fall season. Reloading caught up, feeders in place. Blinds painted and all repairs made.
    I wish you and Funky both would of been able to participate the 3 minimum of 4 times. It was a 3 horse race without you guys in the mix.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I wish you and Funky both would of been able to participate the 3 minimum of 4 times. It was a 3 horse race without you guys in the mix.
    I do wish I could have as well. School, work, kids, girlfriend has my hands juggling.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I really wanted to. Sorry guys. And I still haven't been to the rifle range all year.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I really wanted to. Sorry guys. And I still haven't been to the rifle range all year.
    That's just sad.

That's just sad.
    Well, I've still shot about 200 rounds in my own yard, and over 500 handgun rounds.

Yes we had only about 4 points variation btween bolt and self loading rifles. Handgun was the big divider in the overall. I too need a better pistol / revolver. My Belgian Police HP has flaked out completely, won't even stay on the paper from a bagged rest.
    Tell me about it, what did I have for score on my last pistol target? did I even have any shots in the scoring ring? I don't think that helped me any. Getting the rear sights on the M1 repaired helped and got permission to adjust the sights on the K31 which showed up in the last match. The old Korean stuff is gone and I have good ammo for both guns now so long guns are good to go. Now to find me one with a short barrel. I been bugging my toy stores but they don't deal with them and the only guy I know who has them isn't selling. Oh yeah and my parakeet died and the wind was to strong and the next door neighbor farted just as I was getting ready to load my guns and the bullets got all sticky and hey if you ever need an excuse as to why you had a bad day at the range I have been learning new ones for 46 years.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Your last handgun target was a whopping 4 points. 3 struck but only 1 was in a score ring.

My High Power is reliable, it never jams but crap, at 25 yards it won't keep 10 on a 8.5 x 11" target. My Glock 19's can do much better than that. I think I could shoot in the mid 70's to mid 80's with them. I am going on the hunt for an old wheel gun or hell maybe an old Woodsman .22. That's old enough for C&R and would do a hell of a lot better.

hell maybe an old Woodsman .22. That's old enough for C&R and would do a hell of a lot better.
    I am not letting mine go. Just going to practice more with it!

4 points, Wow, I just looked at the target briefly, it had holes on it and I stuck it in the envelope quick so I didn't have to look at it again. (note to self: Don't shoot while on Prednisone, more dignified to just forfeit) Well at least I tried, can't let Diesel whup me with a 22, that's my gun. I thought we had to shoot center fires but that's okay, I don't know if I could have found an old 22 anyway.

I am not letting mine go. Just going to practice more with it!
    Keep practicing, I'm coming to get you I am, I hope, I think, anyway that's the plan...

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    4 points, Wow, I just looked at the target briefly, it had holes on it and I stuck it in the envelope quick so I didn't have to look at it again. (note to self: Don't shoot while on Prednisone, more dignified to just forfeit) Well at least I tried, can't let Diesel whup me with a 22, that's my gun. I thought we had to shoot center fires but that's okay, I don't know if I could have found an old 22 anyway.

Keep practicing, I'm coming to get you I am, I hope, I think, anyway that's the plan...
    There wasn't any rule for or against it, just C&R handgun. Realistically I had intended for it to be a centerfire military type handgun but did consider that a civilian S&W or old Colt might show up in the mix. Maybe we should define it to centerfire if that's what the majority would like. That will be a pole question for next years matches.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Well, I've still shot about 200 rounds in my own yard, and over 500 handgun rounds.
    You onliy had to shoot 60 centerfire rifle rounds and 30 pistol rounds to complete the minium number of targets to be in the overall championship. Dieselbuilder in fact only did June, July and August. He missed May as he got in late on the event. Don't you have 50 yards in you yard?

There wasn't any rule for or against it, just C&R handgun. Realistically I had intended for it to be a centerfire military type handgun but did consider that a civilian S&W or old Colt might show up in the mix. Maybe we should define it to centerfire if that's what the majority would like. That will be a pole question for next years matches.
    And I did ask the match director if it was appropriate to use since it is a C&R, before committing to shoot the pistol match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast