Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Walking Dead Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    So, if it were a "real" zombie apocalypse, what would you be doing?????? Would you be thinking you'reMilla Jovovich and be running and gunning? Or would you be looking for a safe place and try to continue living?
    I want to watch a "realistic" zombie show like I want to play a "realistic" war game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMb0ZP6hnkc

The purpose of "The Walking Dead" is not to provide an ultra-realistic glimpse of what life would be like if dead people were suddenly able to walk around and eat the living. Its purpose is to entertain. And it's not doing nearly the job it did at that last season, at least not for me.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergis Bauer View Post
    ...at least not for me.
    And those are the indicative words.

You can't please everyone, all the time...
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I like(d) the interpersonal relationships and all that. But, the show is dragging, I also feel like it's being stretched out and little petty irrelevant things are being made into major plot elements. Except for losing the girl, nothing has been accomplished since the end of season 1.

In the last episode, what was the deal with all the dead (burned?) corpses in that house in the subdivision? And the hole in the wall they climbed through?

One good part, though: I was glad to see them (in this case, Shane and Andrea) stand fast and just use some firepower to drop multiple zombies. I thought they had an ammo shortage, but with all their "training" I guess not?

Yeah, next episode the zombies will escape from the barn and maybe, just maybe, they can finally get off the damn farm.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    I like(d) the interpersonal relationships and all that. But, the show is dragging, I also feel like it's being stretched out and little petty irrelevant things are being made into major plot elements. Except for losing the girl, nothing has been accomplished since the end of season 1.

In the last episode, what was the deal with all the dead (burned?) corpses in that house in the subdivision? And the hole in the wall they climbed through?

One good part, though: I was glad to see them (in this case, Shane and Andrea) stand fast and just use some firepower to drop multiple zombies. I thought they had an ammo shortage, but with all their "training" I guess not?

Yeah, next episode the zombies will escape from the barn and maybe, just maybe, they can finally get off the damn farm.
    The deal as I understood it was the depiction of a fierce battle of uninfected people with the Walkers. I found it illogical that the one room would be burned up but it stopped there. Only way it would not have burned the whole house down would be if somebody or bodies put out the fire. That wouldn't make any sense in the middle of a zombie swarming your position unless that was the last of them in the attack you just lit up.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I guess so. I'll have to re-watch that scene again. The windows weren't boarded up, but there was a barrier in a hallway inside which looked to me like a piece of sheetrock?
    Some zombies were not burned, others were. It wasn't clear what happened exactly, but like you said, some type of fight between survivors and zombies with lots of dead zombies as the result.

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post

It was funny cause on talking dead they took a poll asking what they would do if asked to leave and the majority of voters said they would kill the old man and take over his house. With the previews on the new episode it kind of looks like that will happen. I say it does. This new episode will determine if I continue watching or not.

9 minuts until the mid-season finale.

Oncore is on now for those that missed it. Funny ending!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

I thought it was GREAT!!!!!! Love how things surprise ya...

...and the body count just went up substantially! LOL!!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I wasn't laughing. It was a tension filled final minutes and then the final walker came out. I never would of called that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    ...I never would of called that one.
    I'm usually good at predicting the next scene, episode, etc... And that one got me!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

This episode took the suck rating of this season down considerably. I hope they do an explanatory extra about the house Shane and Andrea were in in the last episode, like they did for the half-body park zombie.

I wasn't laughing. It was a tension filled final minutes and then the final walker came out. I never would of called that one.
    Wow I guessed that bit like 3 episodes back, all that standing around after the kill saying nothing I was just waiting to see what she looked like, I figured more gruesome.

But then again I'm the guy who ends up predicting 90% of the car bombs in alot of movies

Of the 3 mini seasons, this was the worst so far. Still worth watching, but nowhere near as good as the last season.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation

Well we know what happened to the Little Girl. Question who is the Gutzy Georgis, Hunk of Blonde Babe, who finally mastered her Marksmanship skills. She was doing a great job knocking them off as well.(Zombies) my type of Woman! RIding in that little car with the Buzz Cut Guy. She Grabbed his Package. nice way for a Woman to tell you she want's you) I am glad to see they are hitting it off in more way's than one need to find out who she is?
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 11-28-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Figured Sophia was going to have to turn up pretty soon but wasn't expecting it to happen the way it did. That old farmer looked like he was stroking out at the end. Best episode in weeks!
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

You know a show is GREAT when people just have to get together and talk about it. Even if it's picking it apart, or dissecting it for it's fallacies... SUCH A GREAT SHOW!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    What's an Oncore? Is that like an encore? J/K

That honestly surprised me. I was more pissed off that they wasted so much time. On Talking Dead they were saying that the fat guy was the one who collected walkers but what about that lady that was feeding the walkers? Did she not see a little girl that fit the description of the missing girl? RETARD! Although it's safe to assume that she was protecting their secret.

I was kind of hoping this would be the time to leave that damn farm so they could move on with the show but it doesn't look like that. From the previews the old man is going to have a break down and go missing. Maybe they'll spend another 6 episodes looking for him

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

I'm late to this party.

Though I'd been reading a little about the show from the various threads posted here about it, I never got around to actually checking it out for myself (don't really watch AMC anymore). Then, I happened to be in Best Buy last week looking for cheap viddies. I spotted a Blu-Ray pack on sale containing the entire first season, plus a lot of add'l bonus footage & interviews w/ cast & producers for 25 bucks. So...I plunked down my $$ & took it home.

That evening I started watching & was hooked about halfway through the hour & a half pilot. Great plot, great cast, stellar zombie make-up & special effects, plus just a ton of excellent Undead blasting, chopping, & tenderizing. I can't wait to see the second season now.

Last time I got this worked up over a tv show was the Sopranos. TWD sorta reminds me of that show in some aspects, as far as great screen writing and actors making for a great series. Except instead of of Jersey Mafia types providing the thrills, it's a bunch of heavily armed Georgians battling the infected zombie Horde. 4 stars
    Last edited by mrkalashnikov; 04-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I'm late to this party.

Though I'd been reading a little about the show from the various threads posted here about it, I never got around to actually checking it out for myself (don't really watch AMC anymore). Then, I happened to be in Best Buy last week looking for cheap viddies. I spotted a Blu-Ray pack on sale containing the entire first season, plus a lot of add'l bonus footage & interviews w/ cast & producers for 25 bucks. So...I plunked down my $$ & took it home.

That evening I started watching & was hooked about halfway through the hour & a half pilot. Great plot, great cast, stellar zombie make-up & special effects, plus just a ton of excellent Undead blasting, chopping, & tenderizing. I can't wait to see the second season now.

Last time I got this worked up over a tv show was the Sopranos. TWD sorta reminds me of that show in some aspects, as far as great screen writing and actors making for a great series. Except instead of of Jersey Mafia types providing the thrills, it's a bunch of heavily armed Georgians battling the infected zombie Horde. 4 stars
    The first season is pretty good. But until you see the end of season 2 you haven't seen anything yet.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314