Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Marathon

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Those infected with the Black Plague, weren't trying to EAT the living! LOL!!!

And no, I'm not saying 1000/1 will be in any given spot at all times. I'm just saying that could theoretically be the ratio, if not even greater. Think the scene when Rick was on the horse in I think the first episode!

These 'beings' tend to 'herd' per the way the 12 episodes have played out. The likelihood of running into many, in an urban environment, is greater than running into few in a rural environment. This is logical looking at the probability of infection.

And the "conspiracy theory" comment was "thrown" out because those that look at humanity in such a negative light, tend to have that train of thought. You're assuming that people would turn evil, try to take what you have, etc. For the most part, I've seen tragedy unite people in this country. ...but, we are situated near Atlanta, so it could be a Katrina situation.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    No but it spread just the same...human contact ;-)

And no, I'm not saying 1000/1 will be in any given spot. I'm just saying that could theoretically be the ratio, if not even greater. Think the scene when Rick was on the horse in I think the first episode!

These 'beings' tend to 'herd' per the way the 12 episodes have played out. The likelihood of running into many, in an urban environment, is greater than running into few in a rural environment. This is logical looking at the probability of infection.
    You said in your previous post that 1000+:1 wins all the time so how did you "not say that." I'm not talking about a scene from a movie I'm talking about a real life situation (as impractical as it is) they are not going to form a zombie gang where you have to eat a foot to become a member of. Logically speaking if these things are still capable of retaining the most basic form of survival (eating) and obviously walking. Then is it logical to think that some would simply just hang around the city or go find food. The last I checked when animals don't have food they move around and go looking for it...even the dumb ones

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    No but it spread just the same...human contact ;-)
    Not in the Walking Dead comic and chances are the TV series as well.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Not in the Walking Dead comic and chances are the TV series as well.
    Well human was a bad word to use. Creature to creature, being bit (a form of contact) is going to get you infected via saliva as is all zombie movies/comics portray.

Alpha, how many episodes have you seen?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_Male View Post
    You said in your previous post that 1000+:1 wins all the time so how did you "not say that."
    What I was saying was, if there were 4 people that survived in Atlanta, the ratio of walkers to living would be 250000:1 "IN ATLANTA," not in any given 'spot!'

My point being, GET OUT OF ATLANTA! And my "Arrogant" comment was to assume that you could survive that, is rather arrogant!

I know you're a healthy 24 year old, but those aren't good odds son... 20:1 aren't even good odds if you don't have a HiCap SemiAuto Carbine!

Zombie Theoretics are so much fun!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And no, I'm not saying 1000/1 will be in any given spot at all times. I'm just saying that could theoretically be the ratio, if not even greater. Think the scene when Rick was on the horse in I think the first episode!

And the "conspiracy theory" comment was "thrown" out because those that look at humanity in such a negative light, tend to have that train of thought. You're assuming that people would turn evil, try to take what you have, etc. For the most part, I've seen tragedy unite people in this country. ...but, we are situated near Atlanta, so it could be a Katrina situation.
    Human nature is pure phenomena but widely predictable. For example we are sophisticated beings that have evolved to take in and deal with situations that we believe to be conscionable and reasonable. If we are talking about a unrealistic situation like this then that sophistication and reasoning goes out the window. I fail to see how logically a natural disaster where people can still believe that others will help measures up against an apocalypse where survival is based on the primitive human emotions. In order for our founding fathers to survive they had to push west inevitability removing the natives from their home land. In order for our ancestors to survive humans killed each other for food, territory and and resources. You don't see that in civilized natural disasters do you?

What I was saying was, if there were 4 people that survived in Atlanta, the ratio of walkers to living would be 250000:1 "IN ATLANTA," not in any given 'spot!'

My point being, GET OUT OF ATLANTA! And my "Arrogant" comment was to assume that you could survive that, is rather arrogant!

I know you're a healthy 24 year old, but those aren't good odds son... 20:1 aren't even good odds if you don't have a HiCap SemiAuto Carbine!

Zombie Theoretics are so much fun!
    If you would rely on a firearm to survive I think you are missing the point. What would you do if you ran out of food and resources in the backwoods?

I agree....it does make for an interesting conversation. I guess it's just a generation gap of "logic" huh old man?

Think about this for a sec. I know the Atlanta area pretty well. There are plenty of farm-type communities outside the city. Notice it only takes a little bit of time for them to leave the farm on horseback, and enter the small town down the road. There are still plenty of houses within any 20 mile radius to 'raid' for canned goods, etc. The ratio of walkers to living would be lessened in these areas as well. You don't have a pharmacy, without some sort of community. They're not in the back woods.

So, what I am saying is, you have a much, much, much greater chance to survive in the rural areas, than in the populated areas. I don't think it's a generational gap that affects this logic. It's simply logic...

...and again, how many episodes have you seen? Did you watch the first season? The reason I ask, is not to be a prick, but to see what your knowledge of this given scenario is. After 12 episodes, the zombies have shown some patterns and predictability.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Think about this for a sec. I know the Atlanta area pretty well. There are plenty of farm communities outside the city. Notice it only takes a little bit of time for them to leave the farm on horseback, and enter the small town. But there are still plenty of houses within any 20 mile radius to 'raid' for canned goods, etc. The ratio of walkers to living would be lessened in these areas as well.

So, what I am saying is, you have a much, much, much greater chance to survive in the rural areas, than in the populated areas. I don't think it's a generational gap that affects this logic. It's simply logic...

...and again, how many episodes have you seen? Did you watch the first season? The reason I ask, is not to be a prick, but to see what your knowledge of this given scenario is. After 12 episodes, the zombies have shown some patterns and predictability.
    This is too unrealistic to think about....I'm honestly just replying because I feel like arguing...even though my argument actually holds water. Again what makes you think only a hand full of people are going to leave the city? If Atlanta has that many people and they leave how long do you expect those resources to last with everyone doing the same thing you are?

I've watched every episode and again we are not talking about an episode we are talking a theoretical situation coming into reality. If you found some food and since so many people are running for the hills will you welcome them with southern hospitality? If they are all holding sporting rifles like ak47s or ar-15s will you just act "civilized" and sing around a camp fire together?

My point is people can't carry much but they will leave A LOT behind for us to "knock" on the door and scavenge
    Last edited by Alpha_Male; 11-22-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Because I believe, theoretically, and because of what has thus occurred, that there could not be too many that have survived - comparatively. They've been traveling quite a bit, and Rick was all over before he found his family. The graphics used for the show, and the first episode of this season, show miles and miles and miles of cars lined up on the highway. It only takes a single car to bottleneck any road or highway. Once there is a bottleneck, and a walker, the chain of events turns negative.

I haven't read the comics, nor the books to know the true scenario. But I still assume, by what they've revealed thusfar, that there are not too many survivors.

Other than the gang members that were more bark than bite, early in the first season, this farm house was the first "living" we've seen in months. The CDC doc had stores and stores of food, so he was fine. But those that have 'holed up' over the last few months, will have long run out of food stores (unless they're Mormon - LOL). And with the ratio of walkers to living in the city, their chances of scavenging, are slim to none without some serious firepower.

This is the angle at which I am looking...

Addendum:
    The group as they've gathered together thusfar, were more likely than not, unarmed (except for Shane being a deputy) when they first came together. They probably then acquired firearms as time passed. This probably aided in a sense of unity and community, early on. Me personally, I probably would not hook up with a bunch of good ole boys totin' their SKS's months after the outbreak initially occurred. You are correct.

I would more likely than not, have only my immediate family and maybe a few trusted friends with me from the outset. I would not be unwilling to help people along the way, however. But that's just me...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because I believe, theoretically, and because what has thus occurred, that there could not be too many that have survived - comparatively. They've been traveling quite a bit, and Rick was all over before he found his family. The graphics used for the show, and the first episode of this season, show miles and miles and miles of cars lined up on the highway. I haven't read the comics, nor the books to know the true scenario. But I still assume, by what they've revealed thusfar, that there are not too many survivors.

Other than the gang members that were more bark than bite, early in the first season, this farm house was the first "living" we've seen in months. The CDC doc had stores and stores of food, so he was fine. But those that have 'holed up' over the last few months, will have long run out of food stores. And with the ratio of walkers to living in the city, their chances of scavenging, are slim to none without some serious firepower.

This is the angle at which I am looking...

Addendum:
    The group as they've gathered together thusfar, were more likely than not, unarmed when they first came together. They probably then acquired firearms (except for Shane being a deputy) as time passed. This probably aided in a sense of unity and community, early on. Me personally, I probably would not hook up with a bunch of good ole boys totin' their SKS's months after the outbreak initially occurred. You are correct.

I would more likely than not, have only my immediate family and maybe a few trusted friends with me from the outset. I would not be unwilling to help people along the way, however. But that's just me...
    I honestly have more ammo than I need with 500 rounds of .45acp hollow point and 500rounds of FMJ. I have 1000rounds of wolf military classic I use for plinking and other such storage for the remington 870. Do I need all that...of course not but it's there for a rainy day and it's better to buy in bulk. I am willing to bet there are more people out there like me than not. It only makes sense right since buying ammo in bulk is better. HOWEVER, transportation is key here. For example, since your hell bent on using the episodes, what was the reason they were able to get away so easily? CARS! And what attracts them? NOISE! It is rational that an intelligent person, such as yourself, can find a way to distract, evade, and quickly gather supplies. Again I don't think that they will be occupying wall st all together but if they do it's a matter of intelligently picking spots to scavenge. There seems to be a walmart and other such places on every street after all. These stores will run out LONG after the "small towns" will. Unless they carry more stuff than the larger cities?

You are making my point for me....It's not "just you" it's a whole species of humans who have biologically acquired primitive instincts from as far back as humans go. When civilization falls so will the civil being.

Since there is NO WAY IN HELL we'll ever have a Zombie Apocalypse, I am indeed ONLY using The Walking Dead scenarios as my basis for the conversation. Simply because, we're talking about a TV show, The Walking Dead - not real life!

I think that those that have survived thusfar, have done so because of simple luck/chance. Nothing else...

...I am interjecting what I would personally do, however, and why I think the 'boring' personal stories are good TV. LOL!!!!! (this is too hilarious)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Since there is NO WAY IN HELL we'll ever have a Zombie Apocalypse, I am indeed ONLY using The Walking Dead scenarios as my basis for the conversation. Simply because, we're talking about The Walking Dead!

...I am interjecting what I would personally do, and why I think the 'boring' personal stories are good TV. LOL!!!!! (this is too hilarious)

How are personal stories good TV?! It went from a splattering gore of a series, which is the only emmy the show got, into a show that is now "zombie shore" where there is a bunch chicks screwing around and fist pumping only difference is they are not italian teens and we don't get to see snokie or whatever her name is get decked like cung le.

It seems that they are just stretching the plot of half an episode into a whole episode. Honestly if you watch the preview of the next episode after a current episode your pretty much caught up on just watching that 30 second preview.

Because dialogue and having a reason to mentally connect with a character is why TV shows last, or lack thereof being the reason they fail.

And I'm not sure how everyone is forgetting the plotlines and side stories from the first season. To me, it seems exactly the same. The same "feelings" issues were throughout. From shooting relatives, to domestic abuse, to sexual abuse, to suicide, to empathy for a member who was bitten, to adultery, to racism, to backstabbing, to fratricide thoughts, to power struggles, to betrayals, to, to, to...

I guess some people will complain about anything, and most have a short memory.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Because dialogue and having a reason to mentally connect with a character is why TV shows last, or lack thereof being the reason they fail.

And I'm not sure how everyone is forgetting the plotlines and side stories from the first season. To me, it seems exactly the same. The same "feelings" issues were throughout. From shooting relatives, to domestic abuse, to sexual abuse, to suicide, to empathy for a member who was bitten, to adultery, to racism, to backstabbing, to fratricide thoughts, to power struggles, to betrayals, to, to, to...

I guess some people will complain about anything, and most have a short memory.
    Honestly if you have a feeling of "connecting" with a TV show and it's characters I think you need to get outside and off the couch. Yes the first season had a diverse story however this second season is monotonous.

THEN DON'T WATCH IT!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

And if you watch TV, and don't connect with jack squat, then why watch at all???? Seems like a complete and total waste of time to watch anything that isn't "interesting!" I tend to watch more History and Discovery shows than anything else. But I like this show. You don't have to...

As I stated earlier, I don't like peas, watermelon or cucumbers, so I don't eat them. For me to eat them, and complain about the taste, is ridiculous. If a restaurant goes down hill, I won't go there any more... TURN THE CHANNEL!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

THEN DON'T WATCH IT!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

And if you watch TV, and don't connect with jack, then why watch at all???? Seems like a complete and total waste of time to watch anything that isn't "interesting!" I tend to watch more History and Discovery shows than anything else. But I like this show. You don't have to... As I stated earlier, I don't like peas, watermelon or cucumbers, so I don't eat them.
    I don't think I am because it's nothing like the first season. I don't like soap operas and this is obviously turning into one now that dumb ass is pregnant. Connection is a strong word to use for such a trivial subject. Does it "stimulate" my humor yes...well it did and for some reason I keep hoping to catch a glimpse of splatter or a zombie autopsy like before! HAHA.

Ha... well, it's 1am on the East Coast Mi hijo, so my WD conversation must continue later on...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast