Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Marathon

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Post The Walking Dead Marathon

So who else is watching? Just for fun I'm looking for stuff I missed the first time around. I knew the deputy used a Colt Python but missed the black guy cutting him loose after tying him to the bed using a Buck 110 Hunter. Stuff like that. Just as good the second time around as it was the first.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I love the Buck 110 appearance.

Doesn't it pain you to see the black dude slap the barrel of his Remington 700 against the wooden chair that he uses as a rest?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Look how much his guns bounce and move as rides away on his horse. He would have lost them all right there.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yeah, got back from a local Gun Show, didn't buy anyting but lunch in the show and have been watching The Walking Dead ever since then.

Just bought the first season the other night.

Finished the first disc yesterday and will probably finish the other tonight.

Hey, where are the semi-autos?

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Just bought the first season the other night.

Finished the first disc yesterday and will probably finish the other tonight.

Hey, where are the semi-autos?
    They were all scavenged before Rick Grimes woke up from his coma.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

OK, just got done watching the season opener. It was pretty good as I'd hoped and expected it would be.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

My DVR is sooooo happy!

I thought the new episode was pretty darned good. Really didn't expect the "herd" walking by to be so intense... The last seen was pretty wild. Have no idea how they'll play off that.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know if them fuckheads tried to take my gun and establish the little gun control bullshit we woulda had a fight.

Thumbs up

Thought last nights premiere was pretty good though the last 30 minutes had more commercials than the first 60 minutes. Least it seemed that way to me.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

There was a part where Darryl was either helping somebody up, or cocking his crossbow... but he sticks an arrow between his teeth to hold it, the same arrow he's shot countless zombies with. Really, how is that not contagious (I'm already cutting them slack like when Andrea killed the walker in the camper with a screwdriver to the eye socket and she's covered in blood), but a contaminated arrow in your mouth... nope?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    There was a part where Darryl was either helping somebody up, or cocking his crossbow... but he sticks an arrow between his teeth to hold it, the same arrow he's shot countless zombies with. Really, how is that not contagious (I'm already cutting them slack like when Andrea killed the walker in the camper with a screwdriver to the eye socket and she's covered in blood), but a contaminated arrow in your mouth... nope?
    Was just telling one of my coworkers about that. And my wife commented about the same think when she used that scewdriver. Was also wondering when they cut that walker open and checked it's stomach contents. So they eat, digest and I guess take a dump too? How long before they come across a walker in the woods with his pants around his ankles?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Was just telling one of my coworkers about that. And my wife commented about the same think when she used that scewdriver. Was also wondering when they cut that walker open and checked it's stomach contents. So they eat, digest and I guess take a dump too? How long before they come across a walker in the woods with his pants around his ankles?
    I think the meat they eat just sits in their guts. I don't believe they were suggesting real digestion.

I'm thinking that only "freshly dead" to some degree can "reanimate/resurrect/etc...". EVERY time they shoot one of those things, they have blood splatter... so you need water to make/keep the blood liquid. I haven't seen any of those things drink other than blood that may come along with a meal. My point, is that eventually, those things have to "starve" and will their muscle activity will cease when they become dehydrated enough... I'm thinking a 4-5 days of that "herd" on the highway, they will start dropping like flies eventually.... speaking of they highway incident, I'm surprised the dead couldn't smell the living that were hiding under the cars?

Oh yeah, and the one thing that ticked me off last night was Rick not telling what the doctor whispered in his ear!

A) Andrea's Pregnant
    B) Your wife's pregnant
    c) Watch Shane, he pulled something on your wife I saw on the video
    d) Secret zombie info

My guess is andrea's pregnant, she was throwing up, crying in the shower, tried to commit suicide when the bomb was going to go off (not wanting to bring a child into this world), etc... who be the daddy?

Also interesting how Shane's neck scratches miraculously healed overnight from last season... and nobody called him out on where the scratches came from!

BTW, according to the comic books... the next series of events, the group is supposed to hold up in a prison system with a bunch of thugs... I wonder if series will follow this story line?
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 10-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Let's say it's a "saliva" transmitted thing... Yeah, that's right!

And, if you remember last season, they covered themselves completely in zombie guts and walked through the 'herd.' The body can absorb things transdermally, just as quick as ingestion...

Make yourself believe that it's only transmitted through a bite, and you'll be fine... LOL
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    Let's say it's a "saliva" transmitted thing... Yeah, that's right!

And, if you remember last season, they covered themselves completely in zombie guts and walked through the 'herd.' The body can absorb things transdermally, just as quick as ingestion...

Make yourself believe that it's only transmitted through a bite, and you'll be fine... LOL
    Well they did have on rain coats and gloves but even so they sure do seem carless with cross contamination.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

We are talking about a show whose central premise is that the dead are reanimated and hungry for living flesh, so a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is necessary.

Nonetheless, I've thought about all this crap too, and I agree that the "science" of the disease, inasmuch as it follows any real logic at all, is that the pathogen can enter through the bloodstream, but must be transmitted through zombie saliva. Everyone is so covered in so much zombie blood in this show, all it would take would be a tiny bit in an eye or nostril to do the trick were it blood-borne. So the bargain is that you need to be bitten by a zombie to be infected.

I do agree with a "WTF?" when Daryll put the arrow in his mouth, you'd think if this were real that people would develop an absolute paranoia about stuff like that.

Regarding the stomach contents, my thought is that the zombies would be trying to eat and digest living things in order to keep the host bodies running and possibly arrest decomposition. So I would assume that the digestive systems are reactivated and the zombies just... shit themselves. Probably best for the lady zombies in skirts, I suppose. This would then lead me to believe that, denied a food source, eventually decomposition would advance to the point where the bodies would lack the structural integrity to keep walking/feeding, and the zombies would eventually go the way of the half-lady from season 1. It would be gratifying if the series went in that direction, but my guess is that the masses of walking dead will have a shelf life as long as the commercial viability of the series (which I hope is a long time).

At any rate, doesn't pay to obsess too much over the details. Season 2 is off to a great start, sit back and enjoy the ride!
    Last edited by Sergis Bauer; 10-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I love the Buck 110 appearance.

Doesn't it pain you to see the black dude slap the barrel of his Remington 700 against the wooden chair that he uses as a rest?
    I watched the whole series marathon again before the new season... remember the part where andrea is watching over her dead sister, rick comes over and she pulls her pistol out... none of my guns click like that just pulling it out of a holster single handedly! Then when they confront all the "vatos" in a mexican stand off... everybody locks and loads simultaneously? Really? IF I were going into a situation with a likely firefight, I'd have been locked and cocked before I entered!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    I watched the whole series marathon again before the new season... remember the part where andrea is watching over her dead sister, rick comes over and she pulls her pistol out... none of my guns click like that just pulling it out of a holster single handedly! Then when they confront all the "vatos" in a mexican stand off... everybody locks and loads simultaneously? Really? IF I were going into a situation with a likely firefight, I'd have been locked and cocked before I entered!
    Dramatic effect I guess. Just like in the first few minutes of the first episode. Rick tells his guys to make sure they have a round chambered and their safety off. One of the guys behind him pulls back the slide on his Glock then reaches for the slide lock and you hear a click as though he was thumbing done the safety on a 1911.

Was watching "Dreamcatcher" the other night and Morgan Freeman sticks the magazine in his nickle plated 1911, racks the slide and lays the pistol on the table. When the camera zooms in on it the hammer is down.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dreamcatcher#M1911A1
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast