Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Campfire Coffee

Ooooofffa.... That white thing came in hard today. Snowflakes as big as John Candys ass...may he rest in peace.

Besides that, nothing new. Well, my Dodge Ram let me down earlier this week. Got to be a broken wire in the injector wiring harness. Runs constantly on 4 cyls, and the injectors are fine. They got checked today. Hopefully I can fix it before X-mas. If not, a lot more aquavit for me.

Merry x-mas everybody
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Merry Christmas to you Hedning and everyone else still lurking out there...

OG did the deer get you? Sit Rep?

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Merry Christmas to all my GN friends! Sorry about the Dodge Hedning. I'm sure OG got that deer Kathy. It took one look at the old goat and fell over dead out of fright!

Going to a Christmas "Dining Out" tomorrow night with the infantry company I retired from. They were gracious enough to invite me and my wife. We will be dressed to the nine's. I'll post pics of me and the misses. I won't be wearing my uniform. I bought a suit for the occasion. I can't fit into the dress uniform pants anymore. It's been 15 years since I could. I can't wait to see some old friends.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Cold, windy, no snow and nephew caught a cold so we missed the last day of the season. No joy, if I eat game this winter it will have to be rabbit. Neighbors who have a large clan hunting and almost always pick up half a dozen deer got skunked too so it wasn't just me. Wisconsin harvest was up 6% from last year but down 5% in south west Wisconsin. The two closest deer check in stations were down farther than that. I haven't seen a deer in my field since August, seems like years. That is the bad news, the good news is since I am in the CWD zone I still get till the 11th to try one more time.

May have trouble getting into the woods, Saturday nephew has a weight lifting tournament and Sunday he has a concert with his choir.

101 days, 3 hours, 10 minutes, 42 seconds till Spring.

Get that truck fixed little buddy, we don't need you pickling your vocal chords now that you finally got them fixed.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Sorry to hear that the deer wount come near you OG. Maybe you should dress up Mike as a hind. I would like to see some images of that.

I can asure that the vocals coming out when I ripped those got damn injectors out was nothing you would hear in the kindergarden. If there is one thing that makes me mad its vehicles that can`t make it from point A to point B. Faan i helvete.....and the damn truck is outside at a construction site. Not a good place to handle tools when the temp has dropped and all. But that`s how it is so I have to deal with it.

Have a tasty dinner BT.... Im going for one of those dinners myself tomorrow.

BT its great you are attending! Pictures would be awesome.

OG darn, we are lousy with deer here... mostly in the middle of the road. They stay were they cant be hunted other than that.

We had a small bit of snow that melted right away. Im not in a holiday mood... I need to try and find the spirit so I can make it fun for the grand kids.

I feel very discouraged about the campaign against Rosa DeLauro, they are redistricting the 3rd to give her even more advantage. Ill have to move to get a new Rep....

Sorry to hear that Kathy but that is what is wrong with the winner makes the rules law. Redistricting should be done by the court, (if they can find an objective one). This bovine organic waste of deliberately shaping the boundaries just to give an incumbent an advantage is done by both sides. It stinks no matter who does it unless a politician is completely impoverished in moral standards. Bet you can figure out why I became a Libertarian.

Wisconsin took a righteous swing towards the center and right and the state as a whole has been heavy left wing my whole life so there is hope for Connecticut too. Need to get back to that old independent streak they had when they elected Lieberman after his party dumped him and you do have a few Libertarians hanging around if you can put up with some of their less palatable ideas like pro choice. They balance that with a strict literal interpretation of the constitution.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Yes that is what we need here, both major parties are guilty.

Cold here now... I cant wait until spring. For now I will plan my spring garden
    Last edited by kathy; 12-12-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Yes that is what we need here, both major parties are guilty.

Cold here now... I cant wait until spring. For now I will plan my spring garden
    Already trying to figure out where I am going to plant my parsnips. I'd like to make a permanent spot and just dig some up as I need them and leave some for seed plants.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Already trying to figure out where I am going to plant my parsnips. I'd like to make a permanent spot and just dig some up as I need them and leave some for seed plants.
    Two beautiful words.....

Raised Beds...

So we get there and I'm informed by the First Sergeant that I'm the guest of honor. I get awarded a Meritorious Service Medal to a standing ovation. Didn't buy a drink all night as the boys bought me shot after shot of Crown Royal. I felt like crap yesterday. The grog bowl was dangerous too. It was held in a American Legion metting hall. They had a full bar with bartender in the back! My men kept hugging me all night. A really touchy feely group of infantry soldiers they are.

Last edited by btcave; 12-12-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    Two beautiful words.....

Raised Beds...
    Already have them reserved for beans, tomatoes and herbs.

Also have a large tractor tire set up for spring for flowers but I might stick my onions in there too. In the middle of the tractor tire I set a post up for a bird house right smack dab in the middle of my yard. I'm going to try and get some of my trumpet vine seeds to grow a plant up that post and around the bird house. I got a lot of seed pods from them this year and if I am going to sow them along part of my fence to see if I can get it covered with the vines.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    So we get there and I'm informed by the First Sergeant that I'm the guest of honor. I get awarded a Meritorious Service Medal to a standing ovation. Didn't buy a drink all night as the boys bought me shot after shot of Crown Royal. I felt like crap yesterday. The grog bowl was dangerous too. It was held in a American Legion metting hall. They had a full bar with bartender in the back! My men kept hugging me all night. A really touchy feely group of infantry soldiers they are.
    Congratulations bt the only people I ever saw get them were officers and a couple of warrants. You done good.

THUCYDIDES.

I miss the boys though... but not the job.

I miss the boys though... but not the job.
    I miss both but not where the job took me. As it was I had it easy compared to what you guys have gone through for the last 10 years.

THUCYDIDES.

I think that was the rub. I loved it until it became REAL. When it became about the lives of my men, it became buisness and professional. The fun was eclipsed by the seriousness of our trade as we had to actually do it, not just train for it. Training had a grim reality it didn't really have back in the days when we thought the boy scouts would deploy before they ever sent a National Guard infantry battalion anywhere. Our reality changed overnight on 9/11/2001.

Being a platoon sergeant never really did it for me. I always missed being a squad leader.
    Last edited by btcave; 12-12-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Being a platoon sergeant never really did it for me. I always missed being a squad leader.
    Understood, that was my comfort zone too. Navy and Army Reserves.

THUCYDIDES.

BTCave, beautiful! Thank you for putting up the photos for us.

Sounds like you had a good time BT, good for you. A good hangover just means you had a good time the day before. Usually....

I got the truck back into shape. Not sure why as the injectors were fine and I didnt find any bad wires. I even checked the ohm between the connectors and the wires of the injector harness, all good. Started it up and runs smooth. Could have been a loose nut on the pins holding down the wires on the injector. I could loosen some of them using just my fingers. I dont care as long as it is running.

Damn rain ruins the nice white carpet we got. Work is cool and easy. Mona is all over the place decorating the house for x-mas. Besides that, nothing new on this side of the Atlantic... well, we are out of butter. Jesus, rest of the world is laughing at us. Its like the world would go under if we cant make all those cockies for x-mas. Wow what a big crisis... embarrassing. Oh, and we got a new firearms law out for hearing. Rather depressing. Semiautomaitc rifles might be banned. I wish they would read and understand Benjamin Franklins famous words "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety".

Have a nice one.... dressed up Mike as a deer yet OG?

Glad your truck is running again and the women folks are having a nice time. Been reading about the great shortage. Time for all you young folks to learn how they did it in Grandma's day. http://www.joyofbaking.com/IngredientSubstitution.html

When they didn't have what the recipe called for they substituted like crazy. Good thing us men creatures aren't to fussy about what we eat.

I also ate an awful lot of shortening when I was a kid. We made our own butter but one old cow didn't produce enough for all the baking Grandma did. http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od...tterbaking.htm

THUCYDIDES.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast