Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Campfire Coffee

The newest grandkids are blondes. No guns for them yet, but my grand daughter got up on the motorcycles. She tried them all like goldilocks until she found the one that was just right...

edit: her little hand went straight for the throttle..

Happy New Year All!!!!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Cute little dickens but how did she get so big so fast. I'm still thinking swaddling clothes.

Well there is still hope, most of my brothers and sisters including me started out as blonds but by the time we got to middle school some of us were brunettes and a few of the girls were what they call dirty blond. My 2 sisters in laws and brother in law started as blondes and two of them went right to flaming red heads, one sister in law stayed blond.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

How are all of our brothers and sisters doing? I have not heard from Janet in a while.

Happy new year all... Iv pretty much been dealing with a bad fever for a week, but everything seems to be back on track by now. Hope you guys have had better luck with the holiday.

I did have some luck on the gifts this year. I got a new knife. Bear Grylls Gerber knife. Bought in myself for myself. Thats the way to do it. Takes a while to understand that if you want what you wish for... get it yourself. Little one made a heart for my though, that was the better one. Those big eyes following me as I opened the gift is a memory to keep. The smile, the hug, the real meaning of X-mas.

Another funny thing happened on new years eve. I have not tasted good egg-nog since 1986 when I spend X-mas with an American family in Costa Mesa California. One of the guys living not that far away from us stopped by with a bottle of his own brew. Just like 1986, really made my day. The bastard wount tell me his secret though.

Have a great one
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    How are all of our brothers and sisters doing? I have not heard from Janet in a while.
    She still lurks but can't sign in, I think she might have lost her password or something. Recon is having a hard time getting signed in too, for some reason he just gets a blank after doing the sign in. I think we may have some bugs in the system yet.

Hedning, try this:

4 cups milk
    5 whole cloves
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    12 egg yolks
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2 1/2 cups light rum
    4 cups light cream
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1. Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
    2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
    3. Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.

Substitute Korbel Brandy for Rum if you want a little different taste.

For Rum use Cruzan light aged, Mount Gay Eclipsr or 4 year old Flor de Cana extra dry.
    Use Mexican Vanilla extract

Last edited by old Grump; 01-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedning View Post
    The bastard wount tell me his secret though.

Have a great one
    Brandy?

AHAAAA.... Ill make a nog following that recipe and make a couple batches using rum and brandy.

AHAAAA.... Ill make a nog following that recipe and make a couple batches using rum and brandy.
    Let me know how it tastes!

When I finally get to it Ill let you know Kathy..

How many days to spring OG? And Im sorry that I haven`t been able to get my ass on the chair long enough to send you an email containing a little update on all fronts.

Yesterday was a real funny day. Oh yea... Work was not bad so I had a chance to get home pretty early. I left the construction site at 15:30, in Oslo. It was snowing, but not that bad. 300m up the street and I was stuck in traffic. I spend 2.5 hours just to move 250m.... What the hell?!! You know what, most of those people that lives in Oslo does not know that this country is a place where snow is a part of the game. Somewhere they must have forgotten that we have four seasons. It was a very very sad scene. A lot of people with their summer tyres still on. A lot of truck drivers to lazy to get their chains on. A very big portion of just plain stupid people. I had to spend the night at the barracks. To get there I had to use some pavements, two gardens, a park and a graveyard. The police wouldnt have had a chance to stop me anyhow. I didnt see one single policeman or police car that evening. Probably inside drinking coffee and watching the traffic on TV.

Any progress on the Walker shooting OG? Im curious you see.

It is 68 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes, 45 seconds to Spring, bet you thought I wasn't keeping track.

Shooting has been on the back burner for every gun, just can't get my back straightened up enough to go outside and when I do it's to the shop. An hour out there and I'm down for another 3 days.

Oslo sounds like Minneapolis the day I had to finish up a job and drive home. Day before Thanksgiving and they get 16" of snow. No big deal to us northerners right. Little muscle cars with big fat street tires were getting halfway across intersections going sideways before they get stuck and us old farts who know how to drive in the snow had to get out of our cars and push these yahoo's off to the side of the intersection where they stayed till they got towed. Big important business men in their Lincolns and Cadillac same thing. Only difference was they were older and their big cars were harder to push and worst of all they acted like it was our fault that we could get in our cars and drive away. What should have been a 15 minute drive to the city limits took nearly 4 hours. Once I was on the highway heading south it was better but still there was an incident. Remind me to tell you of the blue moon and frozen battery someday.

Now that I think of it that could be the day my bad back problems started.

THUCYDIDES.

Hedning you did a good job getting out of there, nothing is worse than being stuck in snow because of the others who are unprepared. The last year I was in Colorado my son got stranded on the highway on a city bus trying to come home for 8 hours... all that was blocking the path were cars stuck in the snow.

Were having a very mild winter so far here, I wont complain. I went for a ride on my motorcycle on Sunday... it was nearly 60 degrees F.

I can hear the shooting at the local range here, but when its mild you have to wait hours.. So i still have not shot my gun, Im ashamed to say.

Stay warm and dry.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    It's snowing!
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Daddy,,,How was I born??
    A little boy goes to his father and asks 'Daddy, how was I born?'

The father answers, 'Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway!

Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo.

Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe..

We sneaked into a secluded room, and Googled each other.

There your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive.

As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall.

Since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said:

You've got male......."

Bt

6" of snow, 6 degrees yesterday, 21 today, supposed to be 31 tomorrow, more snow coming Tuesday and Thursday. I bet the snow you are getting now is what is supposed to hit me. I wouldn't mind if you kept most of it.

64 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes, 27 seconds to Spring.

THUCYDIDES.

No snow here yet.

Not that much snow over here either. 4" or so. Steady -8c.

Did you get my mail OG? If you have, dont worry about my shotgun hull problem. I was able to get 1000 paper hulls yesterday. So I think I have enough for many years.

Done anything about that "sewer" problem BT?

We got some snow, not much, only about 2 inches. so were sissies here now ... not like last year thank God!

Does anyone know of a pistol that used to be manufactured in Connecticut, that has a barrel that can be interchanged?

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Done anything about that "sewer" problem BT?
    Got a guy coming in Monday the 23rd to stage his equipment. The same day I called he drove out and took a look at it, I met him to sign the contract, and then he went back out to the house to drain the collapsing tank so we could use water until he can get a new tank in there. Not fun to go into your basement and find that sewage has backed up into the house. Tuesday the 24th the tank comes out, Wednesday the 1000 gallon concrete replacement tank goes in and Thursday they clean up and put things back in their place. $4000 later I'll have a septic system that should last the rest of my days on this earth. Who puts a plastic septic tank in when they build a house in the country anyway? This house is 18 years old and the tank is caving in upon itself already. When I do something I never go cheap. I go with the best quality I can within reason. That practiced has saved me money in the long run, in my opinion.

"The wise man builds his house upon a rock, the foolish man builds his house upon the sand."
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    We got some snow, not much, only about 2 inches. so were sissies here now ... not like last year thank God!

Does anyone know of a pistol that used to be manufactured in Connecticut, that has a barrel that can be interchanged?
    I have a Dan Wesson .357 but they were made in Massachusetts and New York. I know of several people with Thompson Encores but they are New Hampshire company. The only Connecticut company that I know of with interchangeable barrels is Mossberg and their shotguns. You might want to ask GunReference that question.

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    Got a guy coming in Monday the 23rd to stage his equipment. The same day I called he drove out and took a look at it, I met him to sign the contract, and then he went back out to the house to drain the collapsing tank so we could use water until he can get a new tank in there. Not fun to go into your basement and find that sewage has backed up into the house. Tuesday the 24th the tank comes out, Wednesday the 1000 gallon concrete replacement tank goes in and Thursday they clean up and put things back in their place. $4000 later I'll have a septic system that should last the rest of my days on this earth. Who puts a plastic septic tank in when they build a house in the country anyway? This house is 18 years old and the tank is caving in upon itself already. When I do something I never go cheap. I go with the best quality I can within reason. That practiced has saved me money in the long run, in my opinion.
    Feel your pain. I have had two systems put in, one was concrete but to small and misused by the tenants that rented the house before I bought it. You would not believe the plumbing nightmare in the basement. The gray water system was run under the driveway and into a corn field. That system got boogered up 3 ways, its a long story. Concrete is the only way to go and a drain field that you can place where it won't get any traffic should last you a life time.

THUCYDIDES.

BT ewww... Hopefully you didn't have anything you wanted to keep in the basement, you just cant go cheap on containing sewage.

Thanks OG, the guy whos running for congress to displace Rosa DeLauro asked me about the gun. Hes been asked by a gun publication, I forget now which one to write a review about a gun. Someone suggested a gun like that, but there are so many better choices. He wants to write about a gun manufactured in CT that is unique.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast