Thread: Campfire Coffee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Campfire Coffee

The old dented and fire scorched coffee pot is on the fire, grounds are in the percolator and its almost stiff enough to hold a spoon upright. Hotcakes in the frying pan and the bacon is sitting in the covered dish. You'd better get it quick before the dog finds it.

Maple syrup in the crock pot and Honey in the glass jar, take your pick. It's a new day and a new pot of Folgers, not fancy but it will make your hair grow and your legs dance through the morning chores. Somebody split the wood and put water on to heat up for washing the dishes, we got things to do before the sun gets much higher.

It's a wonderful day, the Burr oak trees have changed color but stubbornly hang onto their leaves, the Birch trees turned yellow and dropped theirs in the wind last night. The Sumac is so red it almost hurts your eyes to look at them because of the contrast with all the brown muted foliage around them.

Grab your tin mug and pour you some jitter bean juice, lets get this thread going.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Ah... fresh coffee....

BT... If I ship some meat using USPS express you might have it without maggots in just 4 days.. I could just put "dead sweed" on he label. That way it should make it through the customs, and it would explain the smell.

7 coworkers and myself went to the gocart track yesterday. Spend the night in Oslo. Than was more or less a total disaster. 4 sweeds and 4 norwegians trying to get first. Half of us got the black flag and had to make a pit stop. Got damn it, those tracks are so narrow you HAVE to use your bumbers and fists to pass. Cant see why that should be a problem as long as we are having fun. Worst part... a got damn sweed won both heats.

October has been very nice this year. Cold and sunny with a clear blue sky. Perfect for hunting. Hopefully I can go for a little deer hunt soon. But I recon work and all piles up and makes it impossible. Been a busy year, I hope it stays that way. Got to find room for a USA trip though.

Tried the Walker yet OG?
    Religion... mans victory over common sense...........

Had to go to a store about 40 miles away and order the right sized balls, still waiting on them. They grossly underestimated the time it would take them to be delivered. Time to get a few molds for the 3 sizes I use and just make my own. It sat on my desk for 2 weeks ready to be loaded up but now it's back in storage till I actually get them.

Why do Swedes spoil after they die and Norwegians don't?

It's almost impossible to convince a Norwegian he is dead but Swedes get it right away.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Yea the maggots may be pretty nutritious, supposedly better for you than the meat. But no thanks.

Im almost to the end of week 2 on this super low carb diet, and I feel smarter. It may be just a hallucination but I seem to be accomplishing more with less struggle... especially the thinking kind of work. The readings on my meter have been as promised 70s-low 80s fasting and not above 100 even after eating in a week.

Soon I can add back some different varieties of foods. I got coconut oil in the mail today, not bad... the diet says to use it instead of butter or margarine.

Anyway medically retired son and his wife are due to arrive this weekend. It will be nice to have them around, they plan on living here. All sons but one will be right in the neighborhood.

Might have to take a closer look at the diet I'm supposed to be on If you are doing so good by behaving and following yours. Problem is 6 decades of bad habits is harder to overcome then giving up smoking and drinking was.

I'm happy to see you are gathering the clan around you, I wish I could but it isn't going to happen. I hope there retired son is doing well, I remember the saga when the issue first came up.

You all have a real good weekend.

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    What is the meaning of life...

Family. You will find it there. It don't have to be blood either. Make your life revolve around family. Insert good friends as well, espescially if family ain't possible.

It's the only answer I keep finding.

I'm glad you're going to have most of your boys near by Kathy.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.