Thread: Bulgarian AK barrel question?

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Bulgarian AK barrel question?

I'm thinking about re-barreling my SBR AK-104 because the person I had cut and crown the barrel did a HORRIBLE job. The rifle still works and shoots somewhat accurately, but I still want to replace it.

The rifle was built using an all matching Romanian "G" kit and im looking at picking up this replacement from K-V@R:

I contacted K-V@R about what country makes this and they said it is Bulgarian. Therefore, my question to you guys is will a Bulgarian AK barrel fit in a Romanian trunnion?

Thanks for any input.

Sure will. Even a Yugo barrel will fit a Romy trunion. That Bulgy barrel looks like it would do the trick.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Sure will. Even a Yugo barrel will fit a Romy trunion. That Bulgy barrel looks like it would do the trick.
    Good deal! Thanks hazmat for the info!