Thread: What ammo for a M34 Beretta .380

What ammo for a M34 Beretta .380

I 've got one of these and always wondered are they safe to fire +P ammo in it?After all it was made pre-ww2 .

I would recomend staying away +P ammo, unless it states that it will handle it (on the gun).

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WB! View Post
    I would recomend staying away +P ammo, unless it states that it will handle it (on the gun).
    +1

While your particular M34 might be in good shape it is an older design and while it might not blow up when fired with +P ammo why risk it? At best it will just accelerate the wear and tear on the gun and at worse case it will break something and or cause injury to the shooter.

On the flip side today's +P ammo is in more than a few cases not as stout as regular ammo was 30-40 years ago. Least it seems that way when you compare the stats on old ammo boxes and recipes in older reloading manuals. Still you're better off to stick with newer firearms designed for +P and higher loads.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell