Thread: Anybody try one of those Fobus Evo holsters?

Anybody try one of those Fobus Evo holsters?

I've used their old style kydex before, not bad as long as you're not worried about concealment. I was wondering if the new ones hold the gun a little closer to the body or not.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

not familiar with them, but i do have a fobus or two. ive never had an issue with concealment. yeah, if you get the rotary holster, forget about it, but the std plain jane ones are great for me, in that reguard anyway.

i think that my fattness has a lot to do with it. i recently got a dual mag pouch for idpa (not a fobus), and it causes the mag bases to dig into my fat gut.

my big beef with them (the old style that i mostly have, i think they may have changed the newer models??) is that, it is what it is. any other bran i have has at minimum, an adjustable tension for the retention. fobus is set and thats that. if its too tight or lose, you pretty much have to just deal with it. my uncle mikes, black hawk, and i think i have a galco one, all have the tension adjustment on them.

I personally don't like fobus products anymore. There older ones where decent, but the new ones tend to be really hit or miss. From what I've experienced from selling them in the shop is that some of them hold the gun so tight, it's almost impossible to get them out in a normal manner. If your looking for a holster of that sort, look at the blackhawk serpa or the safariland ALS holster. I really like the ALS as I think the release button is in a better spot. Hope this helps.

My Fobus is weird. It works fine with my Glock 17, 19, 22, and 27, but for some reason my 26 won't fit. If you push hard enough it will go in, but then it's so hard to get out that you could never use it to carry defensively. Since I just went to carrying the G26 off-duty, I had to go with the Blackhawk. It takes a few hundred draws to get the muscle memory right when you're accustomed to just pulling up, but it's a very nice holster.

I didnt like the evo, but I like the other older paddle style fobus for field holsters...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I have a few fobus holsters,I only use the ankle holster for the LCP now.I use an IWB holster for the G23.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooftop voter View Post
    I personally don't like fobus products anymore. There older ones where decent, but the new ones tend to be really hit or miss. From what I've experienced from selling them in the shop is that some of them hold the gun so tight, it's almost impossible to get them out in a normal manner. If your looking for a holster of that sort, look at the blackhawk serpa or the safariland ALS holster. I really like the ALS as I think the release button is in a better spot. Hope this helps.
    I do have a serpa for my glock. I like it but I wouldn't use it as a concealment holster. I also use an ALS on duty which is probably the best duty holster I've ever used but again, I couldn't imagine wearing one under a shirt. I think I may pony up and just by an MTAC from Comp Tac.

Go with a Crossbreed holster. You can't go wrong.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Never heard of it before now. Looks like the MTAC but cheaper. I like...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I like my Blade Tech IWB holster.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.