Thread: Saiga 12 and where to put a reflex sight on the rail?

Saiga 12 and where to put a reflex sight on the rail?

Good news, my gunsmith just got done refinishing and reassembly my S12. I have the extended quad rail on my Saiga 12... like this:

And the Hk rear/front iron sights came and he's got those installed too!

My question is... for now, I'm going to use this inexpensive NC Star reflex sight until I can find a Kobra (none in country).

Where should I mount this thing on the rail? For a shotgun, I'm thinking more towards the front???? What do you think?

Then my second question... I need a front grip.

Which do you like better?

TacStar

MagPul

GG&G

Tango Down

I have a Tango Down on my G3 and love it... but it was $63 bucks!

So, I decided to go with the MagPul... it was only $24 bucks from Brownells

Man, I wish someone would make a killer replacement grip for the Saiga! I've got a Tapco SAW style replacement grip... guess that will have to do for now. Wish there were other options out there.
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 08-13-2010 at 03:47 PM.

The Tango Down grip is junk. They are so tight on mill spec rails that you will need a mallet and some zip ties to get it on or off.

A vertical for-grip will tempt you to not pull the stock tight into your shoulder, especially if you hold it broom stick style. Not a good practice with a 12ga.
    I'd go with the Magpul AFG instead.

Where you put your red do is up to you, but I already told you to get a Kobra, which means on the side rail. You apparently failed to obey.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

My gunsmith charged me $350 to sandblast/refinish-paint/reassemble my S12... Yeah, my preference is to get a Kobra and I will when I can... Binocularsmart.com has them for a couple hundred dollars (and the real deal, not the chinese knock-offs)... but you have to order it and then you'll get it when the next batch is imported. They currently do not have any in stock. I need something NOW!

So I went with the inexpensive NC Star thinking it would serve its purpose for the present and then when I upgrade to the Kobra I can use it on one of my .22's or such?