Thread: It's Official...

It's Official...

I am now an Official Glock Armorer. OK... nothing special but figured I smile about anyway.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Congrats!!
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Nice !

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Congrats. But as simple as the weapon is, it's like saying I just larned how to toast bread. This is no reflection on you, it's about Glock's snotty attitude. I own Glock handguns and they are my faves, I just don't care for the Organization's arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Congrats. But as simple as the weapon is, it's like saying I just larned how to toast bread.
    LOL man thats a buzz kill.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Congrats. But as simple as the weapon is, it's like saying I just larned how to toast bread. This is no reflection on you, it's about Glock's snotty attitude. I own Glock handguns and they are my faves, I just don't care for the Organization's arrogance.

LOL yes compared to working on my Ruger MKIII its a walk in the park ....That damn MKIII make's me

Nice feather in your cap... Glock's simple to work on?

I've been into weapons for about 15 years now... I feel pretty comfortable stripping and cleaning my Glocks. But I actually had my local FFL dealer (who's also a certified Glock Smith) install the 3.5 Ghost Connector for me...

I know what some of you are thinking, "what's so hard about pulling the 3 pins out of your Glock and doing it yourself"... no disrespect to those of you who are more familiar with Glocks, but I didn't feel comfortable doing this procedure myself.

Things need to line up accurately and correctly, sometimes adjustments are needed.... that's why we have certified Glock armorers... there are certain nuances to Glocks that an armorer with more experience than I may have and can troubleshoot stuff a whole lot quicker than I can.

And, just like my truck... I'm sure I could probably do some minor repairs/services/upgrades (like installing a 5 Star CPU reprogram/flash)... but if I have the Ford Technicians do it, I'm still covered under warranty... Same for Glock I'd bet, have a certified armorer do the work and document it, and you've still got your warranty in tact.

Anyway, Kudos to you bud, hope it brings you some business.
    Last edited by Mark Ducati; 11-18-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Whats funny is they strong arm Gun shops and Armorers to take a course on punching out a few pins.

Congrats!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Whats funny is they strong arm Gun shops and Armorers to take a course on punching out a few pins.
    That I agree with but most gun makers do the same thing. I have been looking for a Kimber or Springfield 1911 something. Kimber requires the dealers to keep even the stuff that does not sell at all and they still won't give them delivery dated they can count one. This info comes from a stocking Kimber dealer I know very well.
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Congratulations. How long did it take. Did you have to go to a class or were you able to do this online and via correspondence?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I had to go to a class for a big one whole day. WooHoo! lol

I had to get my Armorer Cert. for work and now I have to go to my AR Cert.

Really... it's not that big of a deal. I was kinda making a joke about having to go since Glock IS so simple.
    Skäl