Thread: M1 Garand leather sling

M1 Garand leather sling

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my sling. I just got my leather sling in the mail about a week ago, and I'm not really sure if I have it on right. I have seen several videos on youtube on how to put a leather sling on, but they are all different. I just want to put the sling on, the way that a soldier would have his on in WW2 or Korea. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

LOL, well I never went with a leather sling. I've always gone with the GI web sling as it was around in WWII and it's much simpler and lower in cost.

What brand didn you get, did it come with any picture instructions? Can you take photos of how your sling is done? You might have it right and with images on this thread others can comment with some factual basis on your installation.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Thanks for the link, I'm guessing that this is right then? It still feels kind of unsecure.