Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TEBOW!!!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

The wildcat was very effective for a short time. But NFL defensive coordinators figured out how to shut it down. The leagues rules cater to the passing game, if Tebow can't figure out how to be more effective throwing the ball, his career will be brief, which it might be anyway considering the hits he takes.

On the field he's kind of a slower version of Vick. The only reason Vick is still playing is because Reid has helped him sort of read a defense.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    The wildcat was very effective for a short time. But NFL defensive coordinators figured out how to shut it down. The leagues rules cater to the passing game, if Tebow can't figure out how to be more effective throwing the ball, his career will be brief, which it might be anyway considering the hits he takes.

On the field he's kind of a slower version of Vick. The only reason Vick is still playing is because Reid has helped him sort of read a defense.

After watching the beating that Cassel and Sanchez took I'd say those pocket passers take some pretty good licks too.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    After watching the beating that Cassel and Sanchez took I'd say those pocket passers take some pretty good licks too.

When facing a pass rush that is better than their lines pass blocking, sure, no question. But the fact remains that the rules cater to the passing attack. Also now that defenses have some film to watch, things for Tebow will get harder, especially if the run option is all he can do. He must progress as a passer, simple as that.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    When facing a pass rush that is better than their lines pass blocking, sure, no question. But the fact remains that the rules cater to the passing attack. Also now that defenses have some film to watch, things for Tebow will get harder, especially if the run option is all he can do. He must progress as a passer, simple as that.

Oh no doubt, at some point Fox has got to open it up and let him throw.

Either he can or he can't and if he can't it's time to see what Quinn can do.

Of course if he can keep winning on the ground I'll cheer for him as loud as anybody, and with the poor pass blocking this young line has given them, whoever is best at running for dear life may well be a better pick over a pocket passer who's rushing his throws and/or getting hammered into the ground on every attempt.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

Broncos waive QB Orton

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- The Denver Broncos have waived quarterback Kyle Orton.

The 29-year-old seventh-year veteran from Purdue lost his starting job after going 1-4. He hasn't played since the first half against San Diego on Oct. 9. His replacement, Tim Tebow, is 4-1.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1eYbNnz4U
    The Tebow's position solidifying ??

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    The Tebow's position solidifying ??

Wart

Maybe, it could be Elway felt bad about what he said and waiving Orton was his way of saying sorry.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-of-the-future

It didn't take Orton long to land on his feet, the Chiefs signed him after the Broncos' D put Cassell out for the season.

As expected the Bears filed a waiver claim also,and totally unexpected the Cowboys had also filed a waiver claim on Orton.

As expected the Bears filed a waiver claim also,and totally unexpected the Cowboys had also filed a waiver claim on Orton.
    I don't find this too shocking. Kitna's got a bad back and McGee just isn't ready (probably never will be). I still think he (Orton) sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    I don't find this too shocking. Kitna's got a bad back and McGee just isn't ready (probably never will be). I still think he (Orton) sucks.

From what I'm hearing one theory is they did it to keep him from going to Chicago.

From what I'm hearing one theory is they did it to keep him from going to Chicago.
    Who gives a shit if he goes to Chicago? We're going to have our hands full with the Giants and just trying to make the playoffs. There are plenty of other teams in the NFC to be more worried about in the playoffs than Chicago. Packers, Lions, Saints, 49ers......all better than Chicago. That's all assuming that we make the playoffs to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Who gives a shit if he goes to Chicago? We're going to have our hands full with the Giants and just trying to make the playoffs. There are plenty of other teams in the NFC to be more worried about in the playoffs than Chicago. Packers, Lions, Saints, 49ers......all better than Chicago. That's all assuming that we make the playoffs to begin with.

Wild card berth in the playoffs.

If the Giants take the division that means the only way in is as a wildcard and with the Packers a lock on that division the Bears will only make it as a wildcard.

Eliminate the competition for playoff spots anyway you can.

We can only guess what impact Orton not making it back to Chicago will have on the NFC race.

Just a theory I've heard bouncing around, I doubt we will ever know for sure just what was the Cowboys' exact reason for wanting Orton bad enough to try and claim him off waivers and being willing to pick up $2.5 million in salary the Broncos owed him for the rest of the season. If the Chiefs wouldn't have claimed him he would have went to Dallas as they have a higher priority on the waiver claims than Chicago.
    Last edited by weevil; 11-23-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Forum Administrator Prometheus168's Avatar

John Elway was seen and photographed on the sidelines of the Baylor vs Mobilehoma game that Robert Griffin Showed his talent in.... It would not surprise me if Elway has that young man in his sights... He is a Phenom of a QB!

Rusty
    GIG'EM AGGIES!
    Lieutenant of Correctional Officers- Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice.
    Firefighter- Calvert Fire Department

Formerly know as Prometheus606

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus168 View Post
    John Elway was seen and photographed on the sidelines of the Baylor vs Mobilehoma game that Robert Griffin Showed his talent in.... It would not surprise me if Elway has that young man in his sights... He is a Phenom of a QB!

Rusty

Yeah Elway hasn't been shy about letting everyone know he doesn't think Tebow is the QB of the future and just this Monday said so on radio.

From the article on his Tebow remarks:

"Elway and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders have been watching some of the best college quarterbacks, including Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, Robert Griffin and Landry Jones, in person this fall. And on Monday, Elway sprinkled in praise for Tebow with some dollops of pragmatism."

Not saying he's wrong in fact I tend to agree with Elway, but I do question his timing in expressing his feelings about Tebow.

The team's 4-1 with a 3 game winning streak and the locker room is starting to rally around Tebow with a real shot at making a playoff run, and Elway decides to throw a bucket of water on things.

WTF???

"

Yeah Elway hasn't been shy about letting everyone know he doesn't think Tebow is the QB of the future and just this Monday said so on radio.

From the article on his Tebow remarks:

"Elway and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders have been watching some of the best college quarterbacks, including Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, Robert Griffin and Landry Jones, in person this fall. And on Monday, Elway sprinkled in praise for Tebow with some dollops of pragmatism."

Not saying he's wrong in fact I tend to agree with Elway, but I do question his timing in expressing his feelings about Tebow.

The team's 4-1 with a 3 game winning streak and the locker room is starting to rally around Tebow with a real shot at making a playoff run, and Elway decides to throw a bucket of water on things.

WTF???

"
    Got to be some sort of power struggle going on inside Bronco management.

Wart

Got to be some sort of power struggle going on inside Bronco management.

Wart

Something.

The only thing I can figure is they're upset that Tebow actually winning is gonna ruin their chances for a high draft pick.

Well the Tebow wins again...in OT. (I personally saw Elway grinning from ear to ear and clapping !!)

Wart

Well the Tebow wins again...in OT. (I personally saw Elway grinning from ear to ear and clapping !!)

Wart

Amazing how winning will cure all ills.

Hey Tebow had a good day and actually threw some great passes and converted some critical 3rd downs as well as using his legs to help win the game.

If he can keep improving his passing game like he did today he may well prove his critics wrong.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Another win for Tebow and the Broncos.

5 straight wins and 6 of 7 as a starter, and with the win over the Vikings and the Raiders getting clobbered by the Dolphins the Broncos are now tied for 1st in their division.

TEBOW!!!

Another win for Tebow and the Broncos.

5 straight wins and 6 of 7 as a starter, and with the win over the Vikings and the Raiders getting clobbered by the Dolphins the Broncos are now tied for 1st in their division.

TEBOW!!!

Darn it you're going to start making me watch football (well atleast the Broncos)

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Darn it you're going to start making me watch football (well atleast the Broncos)

Disney couldn't have came up with a better script.

It is an amazing story.

Do you think he can win the superbowl in time to retire and run for President? All I know of him is from this thread and I think I trust him more and think he's of higher caliber then anyone else running....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast