Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TEBOW!!!

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    All purely secondary to their primary goal of converting people and \"winning over souls\" for their deity.

Actually, one of Dawkins pet projects is rallying aid to victims of natural disasters:

http://givingaid.richarddawkins.net/

The difference is, atheists don\'t need to claim credit for their cause -- they give ANONYMOUSLY because they care about other people, not because they are trying to pimp their church first and foremost. You never find Christians helping others unless they get to promote their church in the process. They make it very clear where their aid comes from, and never let an opportunity to preach pass them by.
    After he got hassled on why he didn't do anything. And sorry to burst your bubble but a lot of times Christians go into areas to help folks with relief and you never hear a word of preaching.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Well, if Jesus does intervene and perform a miracle and the Broncos somehow beat the Patriots, and the Ravens stop the Houston Texans, it would be interesting to see Suggs and Tebow go head-to-head in the AFC Championship Game.

If you recall, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs not only went after Tebow, he took a swipe at God as well. He said the Ravens \\\"do not need God on the sidelines.\\\"

Suggs is always talking trash.

One week he's bitching and moaning at his teammates for not playing like championship contenders, then he's bragging and boasting about them not needing God's help to win.

The Ravens are one of those teams I have never liked.

I have a grudging respect for the Patriots, if you're not cheating you're not trying, but the Ravens are dirty playing shit talkers.

Tebow versus The Ravens!

That would be a great and symbolic match up but I'll be rooting for Kubiak and the Texans.

And if it comes down to the Pats and Ravens I'll be rooting for Brady.

Sure is funny how Jesus cares so much about a football game, but could care less about all the kids dying in Africa...
    Possibly Tebow prays longer, harder and with more genuine conviction than the folks in Africa?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Honestly I'd rather watch football than watch kids dying in Africa too.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

Yep! As long as it's not Green Bay, or New Orlean's.

I'm gonna watch that Packers vs Giants game.

The Giants looked tough last week if they play like that again, Green Bay better bring their A game or they're gonna be going home.

Im a fan. Hope the Broncs go all the way.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

From an e-mail from the old army pilot

Subject: Pam's story

> >
    > > He is being mocked and ridiculed but he keeps bending that knee!!!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > In a recent email, I read about a woman named Pam, who knows the pain of considering abortion. More than 24 years ago, she and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink. She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was
    > > pregnant.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted. Pam said the doctors didn't think of it as a life, they thought of it as a mass of fetal tissue.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband:
    > > If you will give us a son, we'll name him Timothy and we'll make him a preacher.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam's youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father's ministry in the Philippines . He also plays football. Pam's son is Tim Tebow.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The University of Florida 's star quarterback became the first sophomore in history to win college football's highest award, the Heisman Trophy. His current role as quarterback of the Denver Broncos has provided an incredible platform for Christian witness. As a result, he is being called The Mile-High Messiah.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Tim's notoriety and the family's inspiring story have given Pam numerous opportunities to speak on behalf of women's centers across the country. Pam Tebow believes that every little baby you save matters. I pray her tribe will increase!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Dr. Gerald B. (Jerry) Kieschnick
    > > President Emeritus, The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
    > > Presidential Ambassador for Mission Advancement, Concordia University Texas
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Smile

At least our Team Owner, and Head Coach Smith, of the Atlanta Falcons fired the Defensive Corridnator the next Day. He went to Aulburn? hard to believe someone would want him. after our Horrible loss last Sunday, to N.Y. The fans on the Site, and the one's who post on NFL.com wanted his head. He is most likely the Fool responsible for our Playoff loss to Greenbay last January. Reminds me of that Slug who was the Coach of Miami. Sort of look's like him too.
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 01-13-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345