Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: TEBOW!!!

was_peacemaker
    Been a life long Denver fan for years. I am also a huge Tebow fan. With that said, being in the Carolina's I have seen plenty of John Fox football over the years. His conservative play calling makes me cringe. Sometimes Denver looks like the 09 Panthers with all the draws and screens on 3rd and long. Honestly, I wish Denver would of hired John Gruden. From what I can tell, he really wanted to work with Tebow and IMO he would have been a better coach in the long term, than Fox.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

I've never been a Denver fan and, as an Alabama fan, I'm damn sure not a Tebow fan BUT I'm drawn to watch the Broncos for some unexplainable reason. (Maybe watching the Tebow make Elway and Fox eat shit.)

Never liked Elway cause, like Donnie and Marie, he had too many teeth !!

Wart

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I've never been a Denver fan and, as an Alabama fan, I'm damn sure not a Tebow fan BUT I'm drawn to watch the Broncos for some unexplainable reason. (Maybe watching the Tebow make Elway and Fox eat shit.)

Never liked Elway cause, like Donnie and Marie, he had too many teeth !!

Wart

I still have my Elway Jersey. LOL Its just good to see the Bronco's win the division and a playoff game. Its been a long time since we had something to brag about. The last playoff game we had was in 05' when the Steelers beat us at home in the AFC Championship game. I still don't think pulling Jake Plummer out and replacing him with Jay "choker" Cutler the next year was the answer. Since the Cutler, and Orton...all we have had is failure. Now we have something. Elway was awesome, Plummer always gave us hope and now Tebow is giving us something to believe in.

They deserved the win.

The Steelers looked like total shit yesterday.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Well here's an interesting fact.

Yesterday against the Steelers Tebow threw for 316 yards.

Yeah so............

In college Tebow used to put John 3:16 in his eye black as this is one his favorite verses from the Bible.

What's more he had 10 completions in 21 attempts for those 316 yards, that gives in average of 31.6 yards per completion.

On the best day of his NFL career and his biggest win so far Tebow threw for 316 yards and had a yards per catch average of 31.6.

Just a coincedence???

I bet LAGC is crying like the little bitch that he is right about now.

Team GunsNet Silver 10/13

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. They're in a weak division and the defense (Von Miller.....Holla) has kept them in the close games. He's good at the goal line due to his size and running ability; however, If I were down by 4, on my own 20, with 2 minutes and 1 timeout left, Tebow is probably the last QB in the league that I'd want running my offense. Heisman or no Heisman, he's no Peyton Manning.
    I guess you forgot the first two seasons Peyton had? All you Tebow nay sayers need to kiss up to Vicks he is a hell of a role model. I bet most of you Lazy Boy Coaches haven't even played Football. Like my twin boys say who play Ice Hockey you probably are field ferries ( Soccer players ) will Tebow make it in the pro's well according to some of you Lazy Boy Coaches I guess not. PLEASE. I love reading post from people that probably haven't ever picked up a football and you know what it takes to be a good quarterback. Flutie hum
    Last edited by Central Fl Cracker; 01-09-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    In college Tebow used to put John 3:16 in his eye black as this is one his favorite verses from the Bible.

What\'s more he had 10 completions in 21 attempts for those 316 yards, that gives in average of 31.6 yards per completion.

On the best day of his NFL career and his biggest win so far Tebow threw for 316 yards and had a yards per catch average of 31.6.

Just a coincedence???
    One more eerie coincidence: the Sports Business Journal reported that the TV rating during the final quarter-hour of the game was ... 31.6.

Clearly Jesus has chosen Timmeh Boy to carry the mantle and spread the faith.

And when Denver gets their asses kicked by the Patriots on Saturday, well... that\'s because God\'s favorite team overrides his Son\'s.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    One more eerie coincidence: the Sports Business Journal reported that the TV rating during the final quarter-hour of the game was ... 31.6.

Clearly Jesus has chosen Timmeh Boy to carry the mantle and spread the faith.

And when Denver gets their asses kicked by the Patriots on Saturday, well... that\'s because God\'s favorite team overrides his Son\'s.

Win or lose he's still gotten a whole lot farther in life with his faith than your philosophy has taken you.

Last edited by weevil; 01-09-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Win or lose he\'s still gotten a whole lot farther in life with his faith than your philosophy has taken you.

Indeed. Motherfucker gets paid $250K for every play-off game he wins. Who says sports stars are underpaid?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011...ry-source-says

Still, it will be very satisfying to see New England stomp his ass again, they couldn\'t have asked for an easier team to beat to get a free pass to the AFC Championship Game.

Sure is funny how Jesus cares so much about a football game, but could care less about all the kids dying in Africa...

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Indeed. Motherfucker gets paid $250K for every play-off game he wins. Who says sports stars are underpaid?

Still, it will be very satisfying to see New England stomp his ass again, they couldn\'t have asked for an easier team to beat to get a free pass to the AFC Championship Game.

Sure is funny how Jesus cares so much about a football game, but could care less about all the kids dying in Africa...

Don't count your chicks before they're hatched, everybody was saying the same thing last week.

Predictions were that Tebow wouldn't even score a touchdown against the Steelers #1 ranked defense.

Well we seen how that turned out.

Now we'll see how Tebow does in a rematch against the Evil Empire in the playoffs.

Win or lose though Tebow has shown he's a class act which is more than can be said about you

Quote Originally Posted by Central Fl Cracker View Post
    I guess you forgot the first two seasons Peyton had? All you Tebow nay sayers need to kiss up to Vicks he is a hell of a role model. I bet most of you Lazy Boy Coaches haven't even played Football. Like my twin boys say who play Ice Hockey you probably are field ferries ( Soccer players ) will Tebow make it in the pro's well according to some of you Lazy Boy Coaches I guess not. PLEASE. I love reading post from people that probably haven't ever picked up a football and you know what it takes to be a good quarterback. Flutie hum
    He had the game of his life, but still completed less than 50%. Lots of yards after the catch. I happen to like Tebow, I just don't think he's the long-term solution in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    He had the game of his life, but still completed less than 50%. Lots of yards after the catch. I happen to like Tebow, I just don't think he's the long-term solution in Denver.
    he wont be running like he did in a year or two.

a few hits will change his mindset.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Consistancy Consistancy Consistancy!!!!

As a Broncos fan, the Tebow madness drives me crazy. I want badly to believe in Tebow, but a few things make me hesitate to believe that he can be a successful QB and that includes his stellar performance on Sunday night.

A successful NFL QB should be able to make reads, pass the pigskin, encourage his teammates to give them something to believe in and do it CONSISTENTLY. I don't question his ability to pump up his teammates, but it only goes so far. I was at that embarrassment of a football game against the Chiefs which made me question him all the more. that being said, if he performs consistently like he did against the Steelers, we have a far better chance Saturday than we did the last time we faced the Patriots.

Cool

Don\\\'t count your chicks before they\\\'re hatched, everybody was saying the same thing last week.

Predictions were that Tebow wouldn\\\'t even score a touchdown against the Steelers #1 ranked defense.
    Well, if Jesus does intervene and perform a miracle and the Broncos somehow beat the Patriots, and the Ravens stop the Houston Texans, it would be interesting to see Suggs and Tebow go head-to-head in the AFC Championship Game.

If you recall, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs not only went after Tebow, he took a swipe at God as well. He said the Ravens \\\"do not need God on the sidelines.\\\"

was_peacemaker

There are lots of Christians working in Africa to help make it a better place. Followers of Christ are taking time out of their daily lives to travel there and provide services, and education in war torn countries...while the Richard Dawkins of the world could care about nothing more than selling books.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    There are lots of Christians working in Africa to help make it a better place. Followers of Christ are taking time out of their daily lives to travel there and provide services, and education in war torn countries...
    All purely secondary to their primary goal of converting people and \"winning over souls\" for their deity.

while the Richard Dawkins of the world could care about nothing more than selling books.
    Actually, one of Dawkins pet projects is rallying aid to victims of natural disasters:

http://givingaid.richarddawkins.net/

The difference is, atheists don\'t need to claim credit for their cause -- they give ANONYMOUSLY because they care about other people, not because they are trying to pimp their church first and foremost. You never find Christians helping others unless they get to promote their church in the process. They make it very clear where their aid comes from, and never let an opportunity to preach pass them by.

At this point win or lose few can say he hasn't done his job, and that's a pretty good compliment for any man.

I'm with Jesus on this.
    Fuck em in Africa. Give them birth control and condoms, not food.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    At this point win or lose few can say he hasn't done his job, and that's a pretty good compliment for any man.
    exactly.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast