Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TEBOW!!!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

TEBOW!!!

Love him or hate him the kid finds a way to win.

I love how he's confounding all the so-called experts on football.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

I'm told the coach (Fox ?) hates him and does everything to insure he does not succeed. (Elway too.) BUT the coach cannot lose........if the Tebow wins good....if the Tebow will lose he gets rid of him !!

Strangest thing in pro football.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
    I'm told the coach (Fox ?) hates him and does everything to insure he does not succeed. (Elway too.) BUT the coach cannot lose........if the Tebow wins good....if the Tebow will lose he gets rid of him !!

Strangest thing in pro football.

Wart

I dunno if he "hates" the guy, but like a lot of "football people" he just doesn't seem to think the kid has what it takes to be a pro QB. He pretty much bowed to fan pressure and started Tebow after his boy Orton went 1-4 to start the season.

Tebow has gone 4-1 since taking over, and when you watch coach Fox at the press conferences after the games or hear him in interview he seems as shocked and amazed by Tebow's success as anyone.

Definitely an interesting little drama that's turned what was looking like another ugly season for Bronco's fans into a fascinating saga.

I wonder how it'll all turn out?

Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback. They're in a weak division and the defense (Von Miller.....Holla) has kept them in the close games. He's good at the goal line due to his size and running ability; however, If I were down by 4, on my own 20, with 2 minutes and 1 timeout left, Tebow is probably the last QB in the league that I'd want running my offense. Heisman or no Heisman, he's no Peyton Manning.

I wonder how it'll all turn out?
    Depends. If Tebow is allowed to play Tebow ball prolly better than many now believe. If the Tebow is made to drop back to pass......another story. It is almost painful to see him wind-up to throw. Slowww.

The "hate" bidness was from some article I read.

Wart

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    If I were down by 4, on my own 20, with 2 minutes and 1 timeout left, Tebow is probably the last QB in the league that I'd want running my offense. Heisman or no Heisman, he's no Peyton Manning.
    Peyton was otherwise occupied so the Tebow led the Broncos on the 95 yard winning drive.

Wart

"Hate" is something Tebow does seem to generate from a lot of people.

It's amazing just how many people are rooting for him to fail.

I've never seen a young player like Tebow have such a negative effect on people.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post

I've never seen a young player like Tebow have such a negative effect on people.
    I think his 'holier than thou' approach to life.

Wart

OH...same article....the writer joked that next coaches would make the Tebow throw left handed if he kept winning !

I'm not sure Tebow and the Broncs so much found a way to win as the Jets and Sanchez found a way to lose. Watching that game was excruciating... seeing two NFL teams battling it out to see who wants it less...

From interviews, Tebow seems like an immensely likable guy, and I wish him well. But you're only going to go so far with an option offense in the NFL before defenses have you figured out, and you can't count on a lack of offensive execution from the other team every game.

Tebow needs to either learn his trade, fast, or he'll be a trivia question in a few years.
    Last edited by Sergis Bauer; 11-18-2011 at 11:58 PM.

I am probably the last guy in the loop as far as professional sports go and even I've picked up on this. I was watching MSNBC this morning and in talking of his win you'd thought he lost and did so badly.

John Fox: Tim Tebow would “be screwed” running a regular offense

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vAPN_blog.html
    Just hard to find the LOVE !

Wart

"“I mean, what the hell?” Fox said Monday in an interview with NFL.com reporter Jeff Darlington. “You don’t get points for style in this league. Let me tell you something: My man is really good in this offense. You know what I mean?"

He also said this^

I am a Packers fan through and through... and I can't stand the Broncos (Mostly cause of the fans), but I do like me some Tebow.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

He must have more fans or he wouldn't be where he is, they lov ehim in Florida for sure. I think the fact he makes no bones about being a Christian causes people to be more outspoken about their dislike for someone, oh well it's their loss.

I think it's great he is trying to be a better role model from what I have heardm he doesn't fall into the gang bang, thug crack party NFL image so people freak out, sad. I don't really keep up with sports other than the Florida Gators every now and then.

Peyton was otherwise occupied so the Tebow led the Broncos on the 95 yard winning drive.

Wart
    An abberation. The Broncos have won a few very close, low-scoring games with Tebow at the helm. Personally, I like the guy. He was one of the best college QBs to ever play and his Heisman was well-deserved. Unfortunately, his style of play just doesn't translate well to the NFL. I'd be shocked if he ever went to a Pro-Bowl. He'll eventually struggle and get moved to H-Back or TE, but, being Tebow, he'll accept his new role with humility and give 100% because that's just who he is.

On an unrelated note, some Broncos fans were pissed that Denver chose Von Miller with the #2 pick in the draft. He's now 3rd in the league in sacks, and 1st in the AFC. I'd call that a solid pick.

Tebow has a lot of fans and is a huge favorite of the Bronco faithful.

His play at the end of last season gave us all hope in the midst of the worst disaster in Broncos history. Needless to say the fans were extremely upset when Orton was named the starter by Fox and at the start of the season Tebow was relegated to third string behind Brady Quinn.

With every loss and every flub by Orton the chants of "TEBOW" grew louder and louder at Mile High until Fox finally gave in to the pressure from the fans and I suspect owner Pat Bowlen, and gave Tebow a chance.

In all fairness to Orton the offensive line is very young and inexperienced and just hasn't done a very good job of pass blocking for Orton or Tebow. These big, young, fast linemen have done a much better job of run blocking and opening up holes for Tebow and the running backs than protecting the QB in the pocket.

And let's not forget the defense. They were terrible at the start of the season but are coming together very nicely and are starting to play at midseason form. Without them keeping games close there wouldn't be a chance for any Tebow miracles.

Still it is ironic how so many announcers and commentators howl about the thuggish behavior of NFL players, yet when a fresh faced young white boy who says his prayers at night and trys to be a good Christian comes along they go out of their way to rip him to shreds. He's a good kid with his heart in the right place and it's a shame the way there's so much hatred and such a passionate desire to see him fail amongst so many people.

What does that really say about the NFL and Americans in general?

Personally I hope the kid has a great career in the NFL and not just because I'm a Broncos fan.
    Last edited by weevil; 11-19-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Tebow is the world's best fullback to ever play quarterback

Tebow has a lot of fans and is a huge favorite of the Bronco faithful.

His play at the end of last season gave us all hope in the midst of the worst disaster in Broncos history. Needless to say the fans were extremely upset when Orton was named the starter by Fox and at the start of the season Tebow was relegated to third string behind Brady Quinn.

With every loss and every flub by Orton the chants of "TEBOW" grew louder and louder at Mile High until Fox finally gave in to the pressure from the fans and I suspect owner Pat Bowlen, and gave Tebow a chance.

In all fairness to Orton the offensive line is very young and inexperienced and just hasn't done a very good job of pass blocking for Orton or Tebow. These big, young, fast linemen have done a much better job of run blocking and opening up holes for Tebow and the running backs than protecting the QB in the pocket.

And let's not forget the defense. They were terrible at the start of the season but are coming together very nicely and are starting to play at midseason form. Without them keeping games close there wouldn't be a chance for any Tebow miracles.

Still it is ironic how so many announcers and commentators howl about the thuggish behavior of NFL players, yet when a fresh faced young white boy who says his prayers at night and trys to be a good Christian comes along they go out of their way to rip him to shreds. He's a good kid with his heart in the right place and it's a shame the way there's so much hatred and such a passionate desire to see him fail amongst so many people.

What does that really say about the NFL and Americans in general?

Personally I hope the kid has a great career in the NFL and not just because I'm a Broncos fan.
    The Tebow makes us lesser mortals feel uncomfortable.

Wart

The Tebow makes us lesser mortals feel uncomfortable.

Wart

Actually I think you hit it right on the head.

We much prefer to look down our noses on some thug or horndog like Roethlisberger or Vick, and then get on our soapbox and preach a sermon, than to admire and praise someone who lives and does the things we know we should do but don't.

How dare he raise the bar and make the rest of us look bad!

It makes us feel like hypocrites and that is an uncomfortable feeling.

Much better to hope he crashes and burns and fails miserably, so we don't look so bad.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Angry

I dont have anything agaisnt the Kid. One Day he will get back to his Home Town of Jacksonville. I am sure he will someday be QB for the Jaguar's. However in the Meantime! I look forward to the next Match up with Denver. They cost us Superbowl 33 in Jan, 99 The Falcons will remember that.
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 11-20-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast