Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Something Today a Yank Can't Do

Roadhouse Groupee

Did Something Today a Yank Can't Do

I went shopping today, in a poor area of London where there's lots of hard drug dealing, big sink public housing estates, high youth unemployment, and deep cuts in services (to pay for the bankers' greed and stupidity). I bought some Christmas lights (Argos: reduced to £9.99).

• I wasn't scared of getting shot
    • I didn't feel the need to carry a gun

Imagine, dear Yankee friends, the blessed freedom which I enjoyed -- taken for granted by all freeborn Englishman -- to walk the streets of our own great nation, from the green fields of Kent, to the mean streets of South London, without fear of getting shot.

Will our Yankee cousins, tormented by their 2nd Amendment, the effects of which they must arm themselves against, ever enjoy that most basic of freedoms?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Turn about is fair play, huh?

Did something a Brit can't do today.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Turn about is fair play, huh?

Did something a Brit can't do today.
    You betcha! A civilized and enlightening discussion ought to be possible on both sites, no? With good chums popping back and forth in that great village that is the interwebz?

Roadhouse Groupee

Could a nice mod -- OSOK or Slamfire perhaps? -- replace the phrase next to my avatar:

"Relegated to The Roadhouse"

with:

"Not Relegated to The Roadhouse"

Thanks!

Roadhouse Groupee

Joey, I read your Prince William fished some unfortunates from the Irish Sea. The Queen must be proud.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    Joey, I read your Prince William fished some unfortunates from the Irish Sea. The Queen must be proud.
    Yes, I believe he was co-pilot. It was a nasty winter storm but they held the chopper steady, sent a man down on a wire, and fished several men from water. I take my hat off to him -- as a brave man not as a Royal.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

I'd like to point out that I have never had cause to draw a weapon upon anyone. Any issues I've had, were dealt with with other means thankfully.

But, only a fool believes that the day will absolutely never come when the need might arise.

I'm glad I live in a country where I can be trusted to make these decisions on my own.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Imagine, dear Yankee friends, the blessed freedom which I enjoyed -- taken for granted by all freeborn Englishman -- to walk the streets of our own great nation, from the green fields of Kent, to the mean streets of South London, without fear of getting shot.
    I hear stabbing is the violence of choice over there, have you finished regulating kitchen knives into oblivion yet?

I went shopping today, in a poor area of London where there's lots of hard drug dealing, big sink public housing estates, high youth unemployment,

Didn't get shot or mugged? You're lucky.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

OK who let the troll out?

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    Sergi762, dear old pal, a civilized debate about your ludicrous 2nd Amendment, which causes big hairy Yanks to shiver in their boots and a murder rate c. three times that of Britain, isn't trolling.

But if you run about the thread screaming TROLL, like a maiden aunt who's seen a mouse, we won't get very far will we? Put a sock in it, there's a good chap.

Because if you don't put a sock in it, other maiden aunts will start screaming, then a mod will lose his nerve and also scream, and matters will get out of hand.

Okay?

I went shopping today, in a poor area of London where there's lots of hard drug dealing, big sink public housing estates, high youth unemployment, and deep cuts in services (to pay for the bankers' greed and stupidity). I bought some Christmas lights (Argos: reduced to £9.99).

I can risk being stabbed and/or beaten ....it's not hard.
    Last edited by TomO; 11-28-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Disgusting. like you entitlement jerks blame the banks for cuts in YOUR HANDOUTS. The entitlement state is a big reason why you're in as much trouble as you are. Too many freeloaders expecting a handout from the government. Disgusting.

Uh, I went out and (a) didn't have to carry my piece and (b) didn't fear for getting shot either. Your stupid point was that you went shopping in 'the bad part of town'. Well, for your information, lots of the 'bad parts of town' in the U.S. are places with STRICT GUN CONTROL. Doesn't stop the crooks one bit.

• I decided to tie a cinderblock to my neck and jump into the Thames.
    • I realized I am an idiot troll......
    There, fixed it for you.....

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Sergi762, dear old pal, a civilized debate about your ludicrous 2nd Amendment, which causes big hairy Yanks to shiver in their boots and a murder rate c. three times that of Britain, isn't trolling.

But if you run about the thread screaming TROLL, like a maiden aunt who's seen a mouse, we won't get very far will we? Put a sock in it, there's a good chap.

Because if you don't put a sock in it, other maiden aunts will start screaming, then a mod will lose his nerve and also scream, and matters will get out of hand.

Okay?
    If your desire really is to keep things civil then how about leaving out terms like "ludicrous" and stick to discussing the subject at hand in a civil fashion? You reap what you sow.

The fact is our rights here don't effect you in the slightest so why worry about what we can or can't do and why we do or don't do it? You have your country and we have yours. If you like your way of life then more power to you. I would never in a million years try to change your opinion of your country so leave me with mine.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 11-28-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

It feels good to be in a nation where we are considered intelligent and responsible enough to be trusted with more than a BB gun. Be careful when they let you check your BB gun out of the armory, you could put an eye out with one of those things.

Errrrrrr! England is slightly smaller than the state of Oregon.

Actually, the United Kingdom as a whole (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) is about the same size as the state of Oregon. England on its own is almost exactly the same size as the state of Alabama.

So what's your point.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2012 Warthogg's Avatar

I went shopping today, in a poor area of London where there's lots of hard drug dealing..........
    Buy anything good ??

Imagine, dear Yankee friends, the blessed freedom which I enjoyed -- taken for granted by all freeborn Englishman
    You should be a little careful with that 'freedom taken for granted' bidness.

Wart

ITT Limeys & Pigeons live without fear.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

We don't have to...

bow down to anyone here...............our so called president thinks he has to bow but the rest of us know better..........chris3

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergi762 View Post
    I assume David and the round table. I asked David that Joey be let back in. If you can't sharpen your 2nd argument skills here what are you going to do in the real world?

I made a similar opposite post on "Joey's" forum that he runs, why should he not be able to here? Just click the link I posted in the first reply. What use is a second amendment if you cannot follow the first?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast