Thread: Gen 5 AKs on the way.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Gen 5 AKs on the way.

http://networkedblogs.com/qIKpN

Didn't see a general news section so I figured I should just post where it all originated (country wise) .
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Railed handguards and a monopod count as the next generation?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Cool

I like the quad stack mag.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Wouldn't it be interesting if the "not yet named caliber" turned out to be 300BLK?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    I would'nt mind an ak in 6.8 SPC myself.

Wolf Ammunition recently said they were in talks with Izhmash to produce Saiga rifles chambered in 6.5mm.
    They might want to have a talk with Krebs because he's allready building one.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Looks nice as long as they dont mess with the guts I still prefer the x39 over the 223 just my opinion I think the quad stack is the mag of the future I saw some place a factory double stack for the AR? was pricy tho' 129 +- ?

cool finally got the picture thing figured out. I thought "avatar" was a damn movie :P
    Doesn't work worth a damn. Such mags are mechanically very complex and they don't seem to feed ammo very well in reality.

I would love the unnamed caliber to be the 6.8spc.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I would be happy just to get a real "Gen 1" or "Gen 2" into the country of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Have you used one or own one? I think there a great idea IF they work & if you can still shoot in a prone position. Drums work, just to damn "bulky" for me. But I would almost bet the Russians will make the quad mag work. they usually don't over complicate things that's why their firearms & mags work so damn good

The surefire AR mags are junk. They do not work worth a damn.

As for the Russians, they made some 50rd and 60rd quadstack 5.45 Ak mags.....I have no idea how well they work though.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

They have been officially released: http://networkedblogs.com/taqYM

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Prometheus168's Avatar

Wow.... Tapco must be making a killing!

Rusty
    GIG'EM AGGIES!
    Lieutenant of Correctional Officers- Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice.
    Firefighter- Calvert Fire Department

Formerly know as Prometheus606

I wonder if the safety is amnidextorious. If it is only on the right side of the rifle I don't think the new location will make it any easier to use. I wonder also what kind of iron sights it has, peep? I do like the top rail, the other I don't like. The rear stock looks like it may be nice as well.

Now the real question is, will we be able to buy them in the US?
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

http://www.tacticalgearmag.com/video...&rid=233334989

Link to a short vid....with a nice jab at the m16, lol.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

If they could get it into the US in 5.56 / .223 I'd get one. What I see is they still need a better rear sight and it still uses rock in mag designs. If they ever fix those items they will finally have something equal to the M4 / M16 platform.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Looks like an AK-74 with a Krebs top rail cover installed. Krebs should sue for patent infringement.

I see nothing wrong with it but I don't see a lot of real improvement either. If I were them, if it accepts standard mags, then fine, issue them to special forces or something but I wouldn't go wholesale with them. The standard AK-74 is just fine. I don't think they have money to burn on something so minor...

Now, if we could get this imported to the states.... they'd make a killing off of the civi sales but we know that obummer won't be going for that.

Watch - we'll see Saigas in sporting config only with the new top rail and quad handguards... lol
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~