Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Time Member (Dr. Gonzo GED) Needs help

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Soldado View Post
    Just curious as to what company is doing pipe/refinery work in Texas. In a past life before the Army, I worked pipefitting and pipewelding for B&R
    B&R has been doing some hiring. Several other majors also like Fluor-Daniel, Zachry

All the turn around companies have been very busy, Repcon Inc., Matrix Service Inc. Starcon, JV Industrial, Altair-Strickland

There are lots more of smaller generals an pipeline specialty contractors.

I saw that he unfortunately tried to move to California and that was a mistake. I wish I knew and could have warned him before his costly attempt. Based on his resume, unfortunately, in California, there are TONS of people with nearly identical qualifications. In the Silicon Valley you can throw a rock and hit a dozen people with more experience in those various software programs.

His biggest advantage is that he is willing to move to a more remote location. There are opportunities out there, but they are not matched to the residents in their own areas.

I note here officially that there is a severe shortage of teachers ... in Hawaii, and not on Oahu or Maui but the more remote islands. The state of Hawaii is so desperate that they have waived the COLLEGE graduate requirement to get a teaching credential for the state, it's that bad. But I have no interest in teaching K-12 students on a remote island like Molokai or Kauai and live in a shack by the beach where it's 85 degress all year round. Some people would LOVE that. I don't.

I hope he bodes well. For his resume, he was well suited to Oregon based on the population demographics. I sure hope he finds something soon. GOOD LUCK TO YOU SIR!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Bee
    You
    Emm
    Pee

I remember reading not long ago that Doc was dabbling in some sort of sex shop investment. I could be wrong but if I'm not than what happened to that rock solid life choice?
    FBHO

Move down here to TX. Seems there's decent job oppurtunities in the bigger cities...Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio. I work in the oil patch and we're busy as hell down in south TX and north TX. I'm currently freezing my ass off west of Amarillo sitting on a drilling rig, yihaw!

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    I remember reading not long ago that Doc was dabbling in some sort of sex shop investment. I could be wrong but if I'm not than what happened to that rock solid life choice?
    It was exactly the huge mistake you think it was. I signed on to help a partner with basic managment of bills / supplies / organization, the stuff I've been doing proffesionally for years. My partners bailed, leaving me holding all the financial and legal liabilities. When I started out there I thought it ws a business just like any other. It is not. It is a lifestyle, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either a fool or a liar. Unfortunately I wandered in as the fool. However, I was never crooked enough to become the liar.

I found myself trapped in hell and surounded by deamons. Sex, drugs, violence, it was all there. Every deadly sin on the list, well represented in everyone I met. It is not as glamorous as it sounds, it is a pit of human misery and desperation, and if you dive in you may never escape. When I realised where I was, I was already in too deep to get out without drastic sacrifices.

I burned everything I had to get out of there. Friends, assets, everything. I had to sacrifice my whole life to turn it around, and in the end I was homless. Driven to the brink by my own foolishness. Milton wrote "long is the way and hard, that up out of hell leads into the light". Well milton wasn't joking, because when I had finished cutting all the evil out of my life there was nothing left. I was litteraly down to a backpack and some odds and ends in storage. I sold anything of value I had trying to stay one rung above those crazy guys you see fighting with hallucinations at the bus stop. That was the dividends of my "investment".

I make no bones about my past failures. They are my fault, and if you deem me unworthy of help, the truth is that I agree with you. I didn't ask for this. I just wanted to sell a couple gun parts, the last of what I own, and this thing started rolling even when I tried to stop it.

This help is a blessing I hardly deserve, and I will not take it for granted. I have struggled and prayed every day just to claw my way out of the gutter. Some of the members here have extended a generosity that goes beyond the sum of their gift, they have given me a chance to redeem my life. There is no price that can be attached to such a gift. You can't buy redemption. All I can do is be grateful for the blessings I have. The home we have finally found, the good friends who have brought us here, and the miraculous intervention of people who are all but strangers stepping in to help us stay here.

Today I am sober and surounded by love. It was gods grace that brought me here, and gods grace that moves our friends to assist us when it isn't expected or even asked for. I am blessed today just to still be alive and in decent health. If I tried to describe the depths of the pit I found myself in, I don't think I'd even know where to begin. To have escaped is a miracle, and I could not have done it on my own. There are some genuine good Samritans on this board, y'all know who you are. I owe you guys my life, and that is not lost on me for a second.

Thankful is not a big enough word to express how I feel to be this fortunate. I'll be posting some pitures a little closer to the hollidays to introduce you guys to Bill and my fiance, and to tell the story of how Gunsnet straight up saved Christmas.

Until then, God bless you all.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo GED; 12-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gungorilla View Post
    Move down here to TX. Seems there's decent job oppurtunities in the bigger cities...Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio. I work in the oil patch and we're busy as hell down in south TX and north TX. I'm currently freezing my ass off west of Amarillo sitting on a drilling rig, yihaw!
    Would if I could, I even have a very good friend in Austin. But I'm trying to make a go of it here, just enrolled in school and the guy we live with need some good people to help him about the house and to keep the bad people from comming around to take advantage.

The comunity college we enrolled in has a good welding program though, so as soon as I've got some more practical skills I might take you up on that. I'm shooting for their engineering degree, so I'll learn machining, drafting, welding, electrical all that good stuff. I imagine it will be a alot more usefull than my current experince pushing paper, which isn't worth the paper I pushed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    I just wanted to sell a couple gun parts
    Wow, I was wondering what was going on when I saw that. Didn't want to pry but knowing the guys around here I knew we'd be getting the scoop. When a good member sounds like he's in trouble they seem to rally.
    I'm not in good position to help you out myself right now but if something comes up I'll keep you in mind.
    Good to see you back posting though if that help's any.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Good to see you back posting though if that help's any.
    It's good to be back! Thank you for the well whishing, that alone means a lot to me. It really does.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    B&R has been doing some hiring. Several other majors also like Fluor-Daniel, Zachry

All the turn around companies have been very busy, Repcon Inc., Matrix Service Inc. Starcon, JV Industrial, Altair-Strickland

There are lots more of smaller generals an pipeline specialty contractors.

FracTech--- http://www.fractech.net/careers/#

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Resume sent!

Thanks!

A BIG thanks to those who donated to Dr. Gonzo's needs.

We raised enough to cover his rent and more!
    Hopefully this will hold him over until a job comes along.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I don't even know what to say. Thank you doesn't quite cover it, but THANK YOU!

Looks like I got a nibble on the job front too! Part time office gig, @ 20 hours a week, nothing huge but if they bite I'm all over it! (fingers crossed)

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12